Watched a parade last night...

S

smileynev

...some friends of ours invited us over to watch the local summer town parade thingy that passes by their house. So we drove over and set up a few chairs on the street and watched as the fire engines and marching bands and old people paraded down the road. Then the high school cheerleaders and dance team came marching along. Now this is the same high school I went to.

They all looked to be about 12. I was so sad. I fear the day I get close to 30 and the teenagers look like elementary school kids...:(

The only really fun parade around here besides the St. Pats Day one is Tybee Island does the Beach Bum parade. It's just a massive water fight at the beginning of Summer.

I thought that with all the hormones in our food these days high school cheerleaders are supposed to look like buxom hookers. I even bought new plastic wrist-ties and chloroform. :(

I missed out on our local summer town parade thingy last weekend due to rain; but I assure you, you don't have to be 30 or close to 30 for the high school kids to look like they're 12 nev :)

BigDov said:
I missed out on our local summer town parade thingy last weekend due to rain; but I assure you, you don't have to be 30 or close to 30 for the high school kids to look like they're 12 nev :)

damn...:( My daughter really liked the chearleaders and the fire engines.

BigDov said:
So are you going to let her be a cheerleader and live through her accomplishments vicariously???

:D. Its always been a dream of mine.

She' probably end up playing hockey and softball if her parents have anything to say about it.

smileynev said:
Competitive maybe. Not the fluff and crap thats around here.

I never competed in High School, cause our principal was a dick (I hate that man), but it was still loads of fun. I did compete my freshman year of college and that was fun too, but the cheer program wasn't very strong and the squad kinda disintegrated the second half of the year.

smileynev said:
:D. Its always been a dream of mine.

She' probably end up playing hockey and softball if her parents have anything to say about it.

I knew it!!!! :p

Aawwww come on now, you have to let them choose what they want to do. Our oldest is playing softball (her mom and I were both very pleased about that choice) and should have her 1st degree black belt in TaeKwonDo by September. Doesn't matter to me which one she chooses to go forward with, so long as she's doing what she likes.

BigDov said:
I knew it!!!! :p

Aawwww come on now, you have to let them choose what they want to do. Our oldest is playing softball (her mom and I were both very pleased about that choice) and should have her 1st degree black belt in TaeKwonDo by September. Doesn't matter to me which one she chooses to go forward with, so long as she's doing what she likes.

They will do what I want them to do. I am the boss.