Was that the bottom?

it would be nice to be in already but this is a stock that was trading around 28.00 before the bust so there's lots of room left I would guess

someone pointed out to me recently that citi's claims of having made a profit in the first two monthss are meaningless, since write-downs don't happen until the end of the quarter.

someone pointed out to me recently that citi's claims of having made a profit in the first two monthss are meaningless, since write-downs don't happen until the end of the quarter.

wall street has quarterly estimates, not monthly...sure they might have made a profit the last 2 months but the performance is base on quarterly and whether they can beat estimates or not

Last edited:
some of their top level execs also purchased a few million shares last week which was what really gave credence to them being serious about a turnaround to me

Yeah, I saw that, netting them about 9.9 million in profits too.

Jerks.

I think this might be a good short term investment.

as the adage goes, gotta have money to make money
or a job. they're good for making money too.

citi execs buying stock isn't surprising, since they probably already own a ton of it and the odds of them being wiped out by the FDIC are pretty slim considering the resources it would require for the FDIC to take them over.

*ahem*

looking pretty good again today. Friday was down slightly, but that has been more than made up for.

the predictions of the dow falling below 6000 at any point this year have fallen way off on intrade. the only predictors trading above 50 now are <6250 (55) and <6500 (70), down from 75 and 86 respectively last week.

Calm before the storm brother. There hasn't been any devastating news yet this month.

If chrysler or Gm go soon, that 6k bottom will drop faster that the tower of terror at disney

You have contributed $16k to your 401k, $5k into your traditional, and $5k into your Roth already this year? WOW! :p

I mean one of the "too big to fail" banks. My money is on BoA.

I'm beyond maxed on what my company matches for 401k...between my money and match I have close to 15% of my salary going in

citi up over .60 or 25% already this morning...I can't shake this sketchy feeling about buying bank stock right now but profits are slipping through my fingers :(