FYI Was last weeks Dow Jones dip financial terrorism? :donstinfoil:

So, I've got some weird mounds (3 of them) right along the edge of my driveway where it meets the landscaping. Not an anthill, because the walls are almost vertical, and you can tell they have been formed. What is disturbing is the hole is about 1/4 of an inch wide. Big enough to stick one of those old school big chief pencils in and not touch the sides.

I don't think it's termites, cause there are no mud tubes leading to or around the house which you would expect from subterranean termites. And it's not ants, unless I've got giant irradiated nuclear ants.

Dunno what it is. I keep trashing the mounds and packing them down, and the fuckers keep digging back out again. My neighbors all have them along their driveways too.

I'm probably living atop some gigantic bug nest that covers 100s of yards. Yay me.

Snakes was my first thought. They liked to dig right next to the porch and up under it as much as possible at my parents house.

Too small for gophers. Snakes typically don't form sand into Tubes. The tube was a spit and sand chimney stucking about 4 inches up from the ground.

First thought was termites, but the holes are huge, and like I said, no mud tubes. I googled the crap out of it, but no luck. Will probably have to call in an exterminator, or try to trap one of them to figure it out.

So, I've got some weird mounds (3 of them) right along the edge of my driveway where it meets the landscaping. Not an anthill, because the walls are almost vertical, and you can tell they have been formed. What is disturbing is the hole is about 1/4 of an inch wide. Big enough to stick one of those old school big chief pencils in and not touch the sides.

I don't think it's termites, cause there are no mud tubes leading to or around the house which you would expect from subterranean termites. And it's not ants, unless I've got giant irradiated nuclear ants.

Dunno what it is. I keep trashing the mounds and packing them down, and the fuckers keep digging back out again. My neighbors all have them along their driveways too.

I'm probably living atop some gigantic bug nest that covers 100s of yards. Yay me.

Post pics. Mud daubers? (wasps that borrow)

Too small for gophers. Snakes typically don't form sand into Tubes. The tube was a spit and sand chimney stucking about 4 inches up from the ground.

First thought was termites, but the holes are huge, and like I said, no mud tubes. I googled the crap out of it, but no luck. Will probably have to call in an exterminator, or try to trap one of them to figure it out.
It's this:

_DSC7739m6.jpg