Wallop

It's MS's version of MySpace. More interestingly from MS research :

"Wallop is a research project that explores how people share media and build conversations in the context of social networks"

share media and MS in the same sentence? :confused:
MS is smarter than Sony in that they realize that some media sharing must occur for a product to be sucessful. People just expect it now. Its one of the main reasons they back HD-DVD and told Blu-Ray to fly a kite. Obviously, their vision isn't entirely perfect as evident by the Zune or some of the restrictions on MCE, but at least they're trying to compromise some.

Wallop
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

'Wallop' is an Internet social network service that originated from Microsoft Research. The company itself however is a separate startup entity.

Business Model

Created by Microsoft, Wallop began four years ago and is backed by $13 million from Microsoft and venture capitalists including Norwest Venture Partners, Bay Partners and Consor Capital.

Wallop stated that they will allow users to purchase software through their social networking site from an online shopping marketplace, the mods will all you to add characters, graphics, games, backgrounds, and more to put on their “personal profiles.” The ad ons will cost anywhere from $0.99 to $4.00 a pop said Karl Jacob the CEO of Wallop. Oddly, users will only be able to sign up for the site if an existing member invites them (an approach that Facebook abandoned in October 2006). The majority of the website is currently rendered in Adobe Flash. Wallop is in the beta stage.

This sounds like it could wallop your wallet if you aren't careful.

Isn't a wallop hitting someone upside the head?

Yes it is! :D You seriously make me laugh. :heart: :heart:

On another note, this little site seems pretty cool. It is in the beta version, so it has some bugs, but it is very user friendly and a lot prettier than myspace. (There is the girl in me for ya. ;) )

I have 4 invites if anyone wants to try it out.

On another note, this little site seems pretty cool. It is in the beta version, so it has some bugs, but it is very user friendly and a lot prettier than myspace. (There is the girl in me for ya. ;) )

Invite me! I've got nothing better to do with my time right now.

Meeeee! Im an early adopter. Email addy coming to your PM.

I decided to live on the edge....2 invites have been sent out. :D Remember to add me to your network, cause I gotta look cool somehow! :D