Wacom Tablets

kiwi

Messin’ with Sasquatch
Apr 22, 2005
Summer
Marklar
₥15,748
I have decided I want a Wacom Tablet for Christmas. I will be using it for photo editing, graphic designs, and some drawing. I've been looking at the Graphire and Intuos trying to decide if I need the more expensive one. I'm thinking 6x8 on the size. What do you think?

I have the Intuos3 6x8, and I would totally recommend it. The size is good for most desks, the quick buttons on it are great and can be configured to whatever you want them to do, or even be disabled, like the slide strip on mine, I turned it off because I kept brushing over it on accident and zooming into some weird place on my image.
The pen is nice too. Has a good balance and grip. I disabled the button on it as well because my big meaty paws kept hitting it at the wrong time.
I used to have a graphire as well, and I can totally tell the difference between the two, and as long as you can afford the cash, definitely go with the Intuos.

I have the Intuos3 6x8, and I would totally recommend it. The size is good for most desks, the quick buttons on it are great and can be configured to whatever you want them to do, or even be disabled, like the slide strip on mine, I turned it off because I kept brushing over it on accident and zooming into some weird place on my image.
The pen is nice too. Has a good balance and grip. I disabled the button on it as well because my big meaty paws kept hitting it at the wrong time.
I used to have a graphire as well, and I can totally tell the difference between the two, and as long as you can afford the cash, definitely go with the Intuos.

I was kind of afraid you were going to say that. The Graphire is more in the price range I was thinking but I'd hate to buy it and in 6 months wish I'd gone with the other.

is there a good one for say under $200 dollars? I'll be willing to go to say $300 but thats kind of past the point of not being pissed if I never use it.

Depending on what you are using it for, the graphire ones are under 200, the 4x5's are under 100. The Intuos one that I'm looking at can be had for about 275.

Just get a couple of these and save your cash

slate.jpg

the graphire is ok, but you will deffinately notice the difference with the Intuous. It has a way better resolution and range of pressure. The pen is better too. The graphire pen just feels cheap and has little weight to it. Plus, you can't change out the tips or position the buttons differently.

you could always buy a graphire at a local place and see how you like it. If it doesn't react quite how you like it, get the Intuous. Better yet, buy both of them and switch back and forth. Return the one you don't like.

But then again, think about why you want it. Is what you do worth the purchase at all? For me, I can get away without using one at work. The mouse does everything I need it to do. The tablet makes it easier to get a more natural & gestural line. Makes a huge difference in the time you spend retouching.

Depending on what you are using it for, the graphire ones are under 200, the 4x5's are under 100. The Intuos one that I'm looking at can be had for about 275.

I just want to use it for photo retouching with photoshop. Im getting pretty decent with it but I can only do so much with a mouse. I wish I could draw but I suck at it.

the graphire is ok, but you will deffinately notice the difference with the Intuous. It has a way better resolution and range of pressure. The pen is better too. The graphire pen just feels cheap and has little weight to it. Plus, you can't change out the tips or position the buttons differently.

you could always buy a graphire at a local place and see how you like it. If it doesn't react quite how you like it, get the Intuous. Better yet, buy both of them and switch back and forth. Return the one you don't like.

But then again, think about why you want it. Is what you do worth the purchase at all? For me, I can get away without using one at work. The mouse does everything I need it to do. The tablet makes it easier to get a more natural & gestural line. Makes a huge difference in the time you spend retouching.

I definitely want one, there are just too many times I get frustrated trying to put my thoughts and do what I want on the computer with just a mouse. It's now just a matter of deciding which one to go with. Knyte is all for the more expensive one cause then I can't say anything about him getting the Wii or gun for Christmas.

I definitely want one, there are just too many times I get frustrated trying to put my thoughts and do what I want on the computer with just a mouse. It's now just a matter of deciding which one to go with. Knyte is all for the more expensive one cause then I can't say anything about him getting the Wii or gun for Christmas.

so, get the wii.. umm. i mean, intuos.