VPILF

You know what caused Chernobyl? People, not graphite moderators.

I'm not talking about the cause, I'm talking about the risk. Pebbles aren't any safer because the modelling shows that over time, they can crack and set the stage for the same kind of fallout. You have to once again count on people to be vigilant and replace the pebbles before it happens. That still doesn't does address the vast amount of waste they produce.

The problem with getting rid of the Electoral College is then the whole country is doomed to be controlled by urban people.

What's good for California, NYC, NJ, Seattle, etc. is not necessarily good for NH, VT, KS, KY, IA, SD, etc.
would it? why? isn't the electoral college based on population anyway?

i thought the reason for chernobyl was bad industrial design. same as the reason for 3 mile island. cryptic controls and improper monitoring and all that.

That's called a thermal breeder reactor according to wikipedia...

That's a heavy water design, not really what I was talking about. Particle assisted subcritical reactors end their chain with bismuth which isn't fissible, therefore, not a breeder reactor.

i thought the reason for chernobyl was bad industrial design. same as the reason for 3 mile island. cryptic controls and improper monitoring and all that.

Nope, and people were the reason for three mile island too. The designs were sound, its just that people didn't follow procedure. :tard:

That's a heavy water design, not really what I was talking about. Particle assisted subcritical reactors end their chain with bismuth which isn't fissible, therefore, not a breeder reactor.

A thermal breeder reactor seemed to meet your description, so be a little clearer next time, sheesh. :fly:

Here's what should happen for the Presedential election.

1) No political parties
2) No Electoral College
3) No campaigns. Cap campaign contributions even further.

A Presidential election would go like this.

1) Candidates would not be allowed to discuss or campaign for President at all, just collect signatures starting September 1st to be allowed on the ballot.

2) October 1st of an election year. Candidates could announce they were running provided they collected a certain amount of signatures in each state. Still no campaigning so these fucker do their jobs and don't spend all their time bullshitting.

3)During the month of September, there would be 4 or so debates/roundtables/town meetings. Also, there would be an hour or so "infomercial" for each candidate to explain their platform, etc. No other campaigning would be allowed.

4) Primary is November 1st. Top 4 vote getter's move on to run for the job, and announce VP's. Two more debates/roundtables/town meetings. More infomercials for VP's and Pres candidates.

5) Direct election on Nov 15, no electoral college bullshit. If no one has a majority of the popular vote you do a Euro style run off for the top two vote getters one week later.

that's just scary

There isnt an export feature? Dammit 4chan, why didn't you get the whole thing???

I only saw 3 emails on that index that looked interesting

Nizich, Michael A (GOV) FW: CONFIDENTIAL Ethics Matter Thu, 8/7/08 3KB Read

Nizich, Michael A (GOV) Attachments FW: Request for Information and Documents Thu, 8/7/08 525KB Read

Nizich, Michael A (GOV) Attachments FW: Memorandum of Law Thu, 8/7/08 669KB

But yeah, I don't know what the fuck they were thinking.

is this election going to stop being about a humiliating candidate for VP and start being about the election of the slightly more important figure on both tickets anytime soon?