VPILF

while AGREED, those alternative energy sources are still a ways off... why not do something to temporarily help out the problem until we come up with viable mass marketable alternative means of energy? Why do people seem to think that if we keep pushing this alternative energy thing that all of a sudden tomorrow someones gonna be like "I FIGURED IT OUT! TURNS OUT IT WAS PICKLES AND MUSTARD, WHO KNEW?" and all of the energy problems will be solved. It's gonna take time, even when a solution is found, gonna take time to implement. So why not supplement the current system until we make it to that day?

and why do the same people that seem to be against drilling, seem to be against Nuclear power too?

Wind power and solar can only supplement our power consumption... and while I agree we need to do alot more to encourage using these things, it's not the answer.

I was reading an article about google today where they are going to make datacenters on barges and anchor them out in the ocean, using the water for cooling and the waves for energy generation to help the power costs. The article also mentioned that 1% of the earth's current power consumption is running servers/routers/the internet in general. Hrm.

There are many solutions already (solar, hydrogen, battery, windmills, etc) its just that oil is so easy to turn to. Just like a crack addict. Either we correct ourselves or we will self destruct. Car companies are going in the right direction... that has to mean something.

Is it true that it will take ten+ years to even see the benefits of drilling? If thats the case then why even bother?

I'm not against nuclear power as of now since from what I understand of it is it is greener than some of us realize.

I live 20 miles from my job because anything closer starts to turn into 2 or 3 dollars a square foot in rent.

i used to live 5 minutes from work... had to move becuase of some circumstances.

heh, looking at new jobs that will either be 5 minutes from here or still way far away.

There are many solutions already (solar, hydrogen, battery, windmills, etc) its just that oil is so easy to turn to. Just like a crack addict. Either we correct ourselves or we will self destruct. Car companies are going in the right direction... that has to mean something.

Is it true that it will take ten+ years to even see the benefits of drilling? If thats the case then why even bother?

I'm not against nuclear power as of now since from what I understand of it is it is greener than some of us realize.

we wanted to drill 10 years ago before it became an issue. now it's an issue and that's the excuse?

nuclear it puts off less radiation than coal plants. it's super green... and super regulated.

The key is starting with yourself. I walk everywhere I can (ask BeeRad I've walked him to near death). I bring my own cloth bags to the grocery. I run my AC around 76 now and make sure my filters are always clean. If everyone would start small it will start to make an impact. Hell look at how much the driving fatality numbers have dropped since gas went sky high.

lol. you guys always have negative things to say about energy sources instead of offering a viable alternative that'll output the same amount or similiar amounts of energy with less impact.

the amount of windmills it'd take to match one nuke plant, ain't gonna be any friendlier for our planet when you factor in manufacturering.

edit: and you talk about being bad for the birds... those things wipe out entire flocks, no problem.

Last edited:
we need to harness the power of drool's flatulence...I'm sure we could generate the power of a few suns

lol. you guys always have negative things to say about energy sources instead of offering a viable alternative that'll output the same amount or similiar amounts of energy with less impact.

the amount of windmills it'd take to match one nuke plant, ain't gonna be any friendlier for our planet when you factor in manufacturering.

edit: and you talk about being bad for the birds... those things wipe out entire flocks, no problem.

That's why I've been practicing my Oregon Trail. So when the bottom falls out I'll be ready. This is one guy who isn't going to die from dysentery.