VPILF

For true. My friend wanted to get her tubes tied. She has 3 kids. And they said she either had to have 4 kids or be over 25. Odd requirements.

I've heard different requirements from everyone, guess it depends on the doctor. A coworker of mine had one kid at 18 or something and they tied her tubes because she asked them to be. The government paid for it completely.

She tells me the state only gives away like a dozen a year or something minuscule. It should be something the insurance companies cover and we pay the copay and thats it. OR SOMETHING!!

actually, that's not true. there are good republicans out there, too. McCain used to be one of them, but he wanted the presidency badly enough that he had to sell out his own ideals and move right to get party support.

I agree! Stem cell research is incredibly important to our lives as human beings especially because we are living longer. Remember the dark age? Not to point fingers at the religious (cough, catholic) people but they put a stop to all technology and called it witch craft. Thus delaying any technological advances... we could be so far ahead right now.

Which is basically what Bush is doing now or any republican for that matter.

don't gotta preach to me, been athiest for a looong long time. i voted dems in my state to get in stem cell research. I've looked at the tax plans, McCain is gonna benefit me a shitton more than Obama, and that's the only issue i really give a damn about. Whatever other crap they do, will get reversed in 4 years anyways.

FEDERAL GOVERNMENT should stay the FUCK out of the states rights! social security, welfare, abortion, healthcare issues, etc. should all be taken care of on a state level. Why does Uncle Sam gotta get involved, take my money, and decide how to do it all themselves? The fed should worry about defense and infrastructure.

also, i tried getting snipped but they gave me some bullshit must have 3 kids and be 28 or something requirement. :(

i think you just gotta find the right doctor.

don't gotta preach to me, been athiest for a looong long time. i voted dems in my state to get in stem cell research. I've looked at the tax plans, McCain is gonna benefit me a shitton more than Obama, and that's the only issue i really give a damn about. Whatever other crap they do, will get reversed in 4 years anyways.

FEDERAL GOVERNMENT should stay the FUCK out of the states rights! social security, welfare, abortion, healthcare issues, etc. should all be taken care of on a state level. Why does Uncle Sam gotta get involved, take my money, and decide how to do it all themselves? The fed should worry about defense and infrastructure.
I'm with ya on all accounts. Plus I can't get behind the offshore drilling gig McCain thinks is so wonderful. Call me a hippie, but we should love our environment not destroy it.

also, i tried getting snipped but they gave me some bullshit must have 3 kids and be 28 or something requirement. :(

i think you just gotta find the right doctor.
I think you are right. Who is a doctor to interfere with your decision as long as you are over 18.

ding ding ding ding

I believe that the ability to have an abortion is for the greater good.

-There are people out there who should not have kids. YES they should practice safe sex but they don't.
Oh please, PLEASE tell me how continuing to foster and support the culture of laziness and lack of personal responsibility that this stems from is for the "greater good'?

i like to consider myself green, i'd have a wind generator if i lived on 3 or so acres... thing is, oil rigs awesome for the ocean, they turn into artificial reefs and make great scuba diving spots.

it only ruins the environment if there's a big oil spill, and hell, that could happen anywhere.

wanna see what ANWR looks like? I was in the BP oil fields on the north slope of alaska around May and took some pictures... this was basically it:
picture.php

we want to drill in .01% of ANWR, which happens to be the largest wild life reserve in the US, and as you can see from above, it's a giant wasteland.

Snow? No. just ice rain that gets blown all around the slope. It's big and flat like texas.

Want to see the only tree on the north slope?
picture.php

It's inside the facility I was staying at. Only thing that grows up there is grass that only gets a few inches high, and that's only during the very short summer... looks like this:
picture.php

wanna know where all the animals up there are? they arn't hanging out in the giant ANWR wasteland... (caribou, polar bears, red fox's... that's about it besides a bunch of birds and seals along the coast), they're hanging out by the Oil Pipelines because they put off heat and block the wind. When they arnt out on the slope, they're up in the mountains.

Someone explain to me what we're destroying and how we're doing it.

Last edited:
Or they could give it up for adoption.

But what about the victims of rape.

Should they have to have a kid?

I completely agree that people should have personal responsibility. For me, if I get knocked up I will have that child because I made the decision to have sex knowing the risks. But what about the people that aren't making the decision, the decision is being made for them. Even though its a small group of people that would be faced with that decision it is important to me that they have a choice.

It is important to me that a women who is pregnant with a downs syndrome baby has the choice as to whether or not to keep it. It is important to me that a if the pregnancy can cause death to the mother that she have a choice to abort.

But what about the victims of rape.

Should they have to have a kid?

I completely agree that people should have personal responsibility. For me, if I get knocked up I will have that child because I made the decision to have sex knowing the risks. But what about the people that aren't making the decision, the decision is being made for them. Even though its a small group of people that would be faced with that decision it is important to me that they have a choice.

It is important to me that a women who is pregnant with a downs syndrome baby has the choice as to whether or not to keep it. It is important to me that a if the pregnancy can cause death to the mother that she have a choice to abort.
Notice how I didn't quote the rape part? ;)

I don't disagree with you there.

Medical conditions are another case where I feel it should be up to the PARENT to decide.

What pisses me off are the "o crap, teehee, I'm pregnant and my parents will kill me" or "this will ruin my career" or "I'm still in college, blablabla" people that do this like they'd order a pizza.

Most of them live to regret it, and that really makes adoption the healthier option.

Regardless, it's not like McCain would ever push that hard in office to get rid of it. It just irks me when it's used as a campaign issue for both Republicans and Democrats since I believe, like pIot, it's a state's rights issue.

Notice how I didn't quote the rape part? ;)

I don't disagree with you there.

Medical conditions are another case where I feel it should be up to the PARENT to decide.

What pisses me off are the "o crap, teehee, I'm pregnant and my parents will kill me" or "this will ruin my career" or "I'm still in college, blablabla" people that do this like they'd order a pizza.

Most of them live to regret it, and that really makes adoption the healthier option.

I completely agree.

i like to consider myself green, i'd have a wind generator if i lived on 3 or so acres... thing is, oil rigs awesome for the ocean, they turn into artificial reefs and make great scuba diving spots.

it only ruins the environment if there's a big oil spill, and hell, that could happen anywhere.

wanna see what ANWR looks like? I was in the BP oil fields on the north slope of alaska around May and took some pictures... this was basically it:
picture.php

we want to drill in .01% of ANWR, which happens to be the largest wild life reserve in the US, and as you can see from above, it's a giant wasteland.

Snow? No. just ice rain that gets blown all around the slope. It's big and flat like texas.

Want to see the only tree on the north slope?
picture.php

It's inside the facility I was staying at. Only thing that grows up there is grass that only gets a few inches high, and that's only during the very short summer... looks like this:
picture.php

wanna know where all the animals up there are? they arn't hanging out in the giant ANWR wasteland... (caribou, polar bears, red fox's... that's about it besides a bunch of birds and seals along the coast), they're hanging out by the Oil Pipelines because they put off heat and block the wind. When they arnt out on the slope, they're up in the mountains.

Someone explain to me what we're destroying and how we're doing it.

So you only count a few large species of animals? What about all of the other ones? Barren or not, it's still migratory terrain.

So you only count a few large species of animals? What about all of the other ones? Barren or not, it's still migratory terrain.

which part did we rape beyond the use of birds?

we want to drill .01% of it. that gonna kill all the birds? its not like we're salting the damn ground and created guysers to spray the birdies.

edit: i've got plenty of pictures of birds too. they dont seem to mind.

Last edited: