Vladimir the Magnificent gets goes for a walk

my little brony

Keep Being A Little Bitch
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥21,495
Last Friday I decided to walk to a local bar for some beer and chicken fingers. I decided to take a...."shortcut".

If you follow the sidewalk behind the apartment (1) you'll eventually come to a pathway that leads back behind the complex and around a small lake. I figured I could cut across the woods and emerge out from behind the bar.

I was wrong.

After wading through some really tall grass and finally reaching solid dirt - it's a little swampy back there, the entire general area is protected wetlands - I pulled out the phone to document my progress for y'all.

0c980812c260.jpg

11daa56fc505.jpg

061bf87b87a5.jpg

Peter Parker wuz here.

f1dee7e38d9c.jpg

Hrm, have I found a way out? (2)

a9aa110604e5.jpg

2a4bdf979243.jpg

Found the tracks. When I looked north I saw some lights off in the distance...figured it was a crossing and thought they were a lot closer than they really were. Ended up walking up the railroad all the live long day.

Facing north.

39415a0468fa.jpg

Facing south.

bbd9351d9288.jpg

So....every single set of railroad ties looks like this. :confused: Is it me or does this look like a half-assed job?

e08cb4f9e184.jpg

I'm guessing...miles?

6580be583d73.jpg

Airport nearby, I watched this guy come in from the north, swoop around past the tracks and come in from the west for his landing. Believe me, he was a LOT closer than he appears in the pics. I could read the tail numbers.

e849bee3de0b.jpg

e6f51c91ee11.jpg

Finally got to the lights...not a crossing. :tard: Just these. Anyone with intimate knowledge of the railroad system care to chime in on what all this stuff is? At least it put me right next to the bike path so I could follow it the rest of the way to the road. (3)

77826e01cec1.jpg

a32ebd03e154.jpg

Asked some friendly Chinese dude on a bike how to get to the road. He told me to go north.

893157410d69.jpg

Two roads diverged in a not so yellow wood.

cbc1382c1aef.jpg

Bridge. (4) Had something funny planned to say here but I forgot it. :(

59729cef394b.jpg

Certainly doesn't do this justice, it was a very nice view.

eb2303e22f88.jpg

When I finally got to the road I started walking south. Had no idea how far up I was but I knew the road and knew it would eventually get me where I wanted to go. Just north of the bar is a new Citgo station and I noticed something awesome.

Kinda makes me want to the pay the truck off sooner so I can swap in a Duramax and convert it. :D

7f19cd0e192c.jpg

Got the bar, drank four or five of these, ate some chicken fingers, watched Da Bears. (666)

29e95f27366e.jpg

After a while I was a little tipsy and decided to head home. This pic is terrible. :lol:

19526b427ac8.jpg

Got home around midnight I think. Not a bad way to spend an evening. Saw a few people at the bar that I know, enjoyed food, burned some calories on a fairly long walk and I learned that I need some better insoles for my boots.

Not sure exactly how far I walked but here's a map.

fatmanz.jpg

ok dude, you've got to explain this vladimir the magnificent stuff...it's rather odd...
it'd be like one day I start calling myself Pope Xavier XIII and referring to myself in the 3rd person :fly:
wouldn't you think that a bit odd? :p

April23 said:
That is a LONG ASS WALK. You're insane. There are cars for that.
I knew I was gonna get drunk and didn't feel like sleeping in the truck in the parking lot of a bar again. :p

BadMojo said:
WOW! I wanna get lost like that. Where do you live?
Northern Illinois. That road that I walked down will take me to Wisconsin in about five minutes.

itburnswhenipee said:
That was a terrible shortcut. You fail at navigation, sir.
Wanna buy me a compass? :p

why_ask_why said:
ok dude, you've got to explain this vladimir the magnificent stuff...it's rather odd...
it'd be like one day I start calling myself Pope Xavier XIII and referring to myself in the 3rd person :fly:
wouldn't you think that a bit odd? :p
:shady:
bast_imret said:
how do you get go for a walk??
:confused: put one foot in front of the other?

Spange Monkee said:
the sun is free. If you have a watch or a cell phone. you could've do it with out any problems. Or you could've just walked straight. :tard:
It was early evening and I was able to follow the sun. I knew the general direction I was heading. Walking straight would have taken me through dense woods and - as I mentioned before - swampy land because that whole area and many areas around here are protected wetlands. I didn't want to arrive at the bar with mud up to my knees.

That being said I felt like going on a long walk. I knew I'd gone way too far, I didn't care. It was quiet and peaceful.

FlyNavy said:
It was early evening and I was able to follow the sun. I knew the general direction I was heading. Walking straight would have taken me through dense woods and - as I mentioned before - swampy land because that whole area and many areas around here are protected wetlands. I didn't want to arrive at the bar with mud up to my knees.

That being said I felt like going on a long walk. I knew I'd gone way too far, I didn't care. It was quiet and peaceful.

don't act like you've never gotten mud on your knees.

as far as the walk is concerned, that's cool. just as long as it wasn't you just being a dumbass, I won't rag you about it.