Thread Virtual Reality

the big question is why does he even have the light on

oddly enough, the hand tracking requires it. Its visual line of site to the controllers.

And yes, i was stabbing a chicken. Theres a version of counterstrike in VR thats actually pretty amazing.

hahahahah thank you @peanut

edit: Are the lights on the controller there for a reason? I know nothing about MS VR. Are they better than the Oculus controllers?

Visual tracking. the windowsMR solutions are inside out tracking, meaning no external sensors. The lights allow for positional tracking by the headset.

They are not better than the oculus controllers, but theyre a good 90% solution. Theyre very precise, but you cant put them down at your sides or behind you for more than a couple of seconds without some precision loss since theyre visually tracked by the headset.

The whole system also only costs 150-200 bucks vs 400ish.

The display in the headset is better than the Rift, and the ecosystem is too. Mixed reality in windows is really cleanly designed.

How do you "walk" with it? Something on the hand held controller?

by actually walking within the roomscale boundaries (9x9ish in my case), by using the thumbstick, or by "walking" in place. Swinging your arms back and forth naturally.

lenovo explorer, but theyre really all the same with the exception of the samsung odyssey which costs twice as much

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
Forget the door trim, there's a hole in the wall with cable flowing out of it.

FIRE HAZARD!

@fly

The kids know what not to touch.

also, theres no space between the frame and the door drim for fingers to get stuck. I do things right so i dont need to shim big spaces.

The kids know what not to touch.

also, theres no space between the frame and the door drim for fingers to get stuck. I do things right so i dont need to shim big spaces.
I see by your close tolerances in an old house that you like to live dangerously. I also like to live dangerously.

Visual tracking. the windowsMR solutions are inside out tracking, meaning no external sensors. The lights allow for positional tracking by the headset.

They are not better than the oculus controllers, but theyre a good 90% solution. Theyre very precise, but you cant put them down at your sides or behind you for more than a couple of seconds without some precision loss since theyre visually tracked by the headset.

The whole system also only costs 150-200 bucks vs 400ish.

The display in the headset is better than the Rift, and the ecosystem is too. Mixed reality in windows is really cleanly designed.
Oh thats a neat idea for tracking!