Thread Virtual Reality

Domon

Robotic Dexter
May 19, 2011
Marklar
₥54,924
Peanut got me a windows mixed reality headset for my birthday a bit ago. Ive been slowly dipping my toes into the world of VR, and man, it is amazing. Its seriously real.

You step up to the edge of a cliff, or climb a mountain and there is a very real sense of height, you feel nervous peering over the edge, etc.

Its a bit tricky to get it positioned precisely right on your head for maximum crispness. But once you get it right, its spot on.

The sense of touch is really quickly adapted to. Within a couple of minutes, you are reaching down, and up and grabbing things, and moving them around naturally as if you are actually holding them in your hand.

things I have done so far

1) climbed a mountain
2) watched a movie on the biggest imax screen ever.
3) took apart and put back together a robot
4) went for a run
5) played with a bunch of stuffed toys :p

much much more to do, i havent paid for any games or programs yet, but so far its a very impressive experience.

Haven't done the Microsoft one, but the Oculus full VR is amazing. The Vive is not as good, but still awesome.

I really want it to play board games (or something like DnD even) with remote friends.

if i set down my controllers, i can pick them back up as if i could see them without removing the headset.

Haven't done the Microsoft one, but the Oculus full VR is amazing. The Vive is not as good, but still awesome.

I really want it to play board games (or something like DnD even) with remote friends.
You want to play board games in virtual reality, and not just skip the board game abstraction and play the fantasy in virtual reality?

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
IIRC, the MS one is AR, not VR.

edit: According to @Domon's last post, Im wrong.
It's a stupid name. It's full vr just like the oculus and vice.

Only difference is controller traking is self contained, so you can't put the controllers behind you

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk