Virgin Galactic

b_sinning

Erect Member
Nov 22, 2004
Savannah, GA
Marklar
₥10
Virgin Galactic is a company established by Richard Branson's Virgin Group to undertake the challenge of developing space tourism for everybody.

Virgin Galactic will own and operate privately built spaceships, modelled on the history-making SpaceShipOne craft. These spaceships will allow affordable sub-orbital space tourism for the first time in our history.

The first flights are planned to begin in 2008. We are now starting to take reservations and deposit commitments for the first year of operations. The ticket price has been set at US$200,000 and the minimum, fully refundable deposit to secure your spaceship seat is US$20,000.

http://www.virgingalactic.com/en/default.asp

Hard to imagine that in a few short years you can buy a ticket to fly in space. Yes you're not flying to the moon yet, but it's a huge step forward.

Too bad spaceship one can't even achieve orbit. 200k for a 15 minute sub-orbital shot? Shit, 200k worth of cocaine would last way longer and probably be as much of a rush.

Coqui said:
Sweet. I've always wondered what I should do with this extra $200,000 lying in my matress.

Right? I think when you're a billionaire the term "affordable" has a completely different meaning. What an idiot. Make it $10 and I'll talk.

Sarcasmo said:
Right? I think when you're a billionaire the term "affordable" has a completely different meaning. What an idiot. Make it $10 and I'll talk.

That's what I was thinking, $200,000 isn't exactly affordable for me. Let's see, go to space, or buy a house. You know a house would be nice, but it is space. :rolleyes:

There are no laws in space. I could kill the whole space crew and start space pirating Firefly style and no one could do anything.

KNYTE said:
There are no laws in space. I could kill the whole space crew and start space pirating Firefly style and no one could do anything.

Until you ran out of air and fuel.