Ontopic Video Game Violence

Lawmakers forget one thing. A lot of people use video games as a safe outlet for anger etc. They know you just can't go shooting everyone you see no matter how you want to sometimes so you go do it in a game. Laws are made by people that are typically older and haven't really tried modern video games or even basic regular Internet usage.

There goes parents not taking responsibility for their children and blaming others again. Cough... spank them cough...

I was in Gamestop after Christmas, in line behind a grandmother, her grandson and her grandson's friend - both probably 7-8 or so. The grandson asks the fella behind the counter if they have the "New GTA IV" and which one is better. The guy is taken aback by the question from the kid, and doesn't seem to want to say "Gay Tony" to the kid :fly:

Anyway, the grandmother suddenly has a lightbulb moment, and asks if it's violent - the guy behind the counter says "Uh....yeah.". The grandson's friend of course, states that he has it and it's fine. She looks at me for help and I told her "Yes, it's exceedingly violent, you have to show ID to purchase it." She said he couldn't get it, and he got all bent out of shape because it was "his money" and all that. So grandma made him call his mom, and made it a point to tell him that he had to tell her what the game was and how violent it was, etc.

So he did, and all mom said was "Whatever, just buy it".

:clap: yay parenting

like you're gonna be able to say no to that adorable little baby you stole from missouri if she ever wants to buy a violent game chikken...

I was in Gamestop after Christmas, in line behind a grandmother, her grandson and her grandson's friend - both probably 7-8 or so. The grandson asks the fella behind the counter if they have the "New GTA IV" and which one is better. The guy is taken aback by the question from the kid, and doesn't seem to want to say "Gay Tony" to the kid :fly:

Anyway, the grandmother suddenly has a lightbulb moment, and asks if it's violent - the guy behind the counter says "Uh....yeah.". The grandson's friend of course, states that he has it and it's fine. She looks at me for help and I told her "Yes, it's exceedingly violent, you have to show ID to purchase it." She said he couldn't get it, and he got all bent out of shape because it was "his money" and all that. So grandma made him call his mom, and made it a point to tell him that he had to tell her what the game was and how violent it was, etc.

So he did, and all mom said was "Whatever, just buy it".

:clap: yay parenting

This kind of parenting is becoming way to common.

Maybe we would be better off if 2012 wasn't a myth.