Video Card question

S

smileynev

I have a client thats looking to get a card that supports 3 monitors out of the box. Any suggestions?

fly said:
wtf. you know the answer to that.

He was recommended an Nvidia Quadro card. I've never had the need to do more then 2 displays, and always figured multiple cards would be the way to go if you needed more then 2. I completely forgot about Matrox...:fly:

smileynev said:
nevermind, I found a site with all the info I need.

http://rickcad.prnc.net/upgrade.html
lol.JPG

theacoustician said:
whoa, quad monitors on a 9000? i can't even imagine that working so well.

Its two 9000 cores. If they do it right you would hope the system would see them as two separate cards. Drivers would be a bitch though.

smileynev said:
Its two 9000 cores. If they do it right you would hope the system would see them as two separate cards. Drivers would be a bitch though.
Ah, now that makes more sense. That would be flippin' rad for 2D desktop stuff and systems monitoring.

And you're right, I wouldn't want to deal with driver issues on that shit. Why can't this dude just get a mess of PCI Video cards and set up as many monitors as he wants?

theacoustician said:
Ah, now that makes more sense. That would be flippin' rad for 2D desktop stuff and systems monitoring.

And you're right, I wouldn't want to deal with driver issues on that shit. Why can't this dude just get a mess of PCI Video cards and set up as many monitors as he wants?

Because he sounds about as literate about computers as I am about high end A/V equipment.