Vegas baby!

zengirl

If I had a dollar might give ya 99
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥100
:lol:

So, we've been planning this trip to Vegas for my birthday for quite awhile... and all along have been joking about eloping...

Today, it's official! We're booked for a wedding on Friday night!

Crazy reverands in Vegas will actually come to your hotel room and perform the ceremony there.

:fly:

I'm a little excited.

OOOOOOH YES! For the reals and for the evers let me tell you what!

I like the way we're doing it, it's for us and nobody else so I have a feeling the next 10 months with our families dictating the October wedding will be MUCH more tolerable because no matter what we'll know we did it our way.

:fly:

And we can totally dance to Frank Sinatra singing "My Way" at our October wedding and we'll know what it means

Congratulations! Patty and I did the same thing. We decided on a Tuesday to get married on Friday (turns out the date just happened to be Friday the 13th). It was relaxing and what we wanted. Then a couple of weeks later we threw a big party at the house with all of our friends and family there to celebrate.

That was 3 1/2 years ago and we have never regretted it. In fact, I listen to people plans these big weddings and thank heavens that I didn't have to do that.

Congratulations! Patty and I did the same thing. We decided on a Tuesday to get married on Friday (turns out the date just happened to be Friday the 13th). It was relaxing and what we wanted. Then a couple of weeks later we threw a big party at the house with all of our friends and family there to celebrate.

That was 3 1/2 years ago and we have never regretted it. In fact, I listen to people plans these big weddings and thank heavens that I didn't have to do that.

That sounds exactly how we wanted things to go. Unfortunately, his family really has their heart set on the whole church/reception big fancy formal thing so... yeah...

I like it this way because I figure this way we can make everybody happy... and I guess that's the bottom line.

My mom doesn't care, she said, "You guys are as good as married now so what's the big deal if you make it legal in Vegas?" :lol: I love my mom!

HAHA! Same as our situation. His mother wanted us married in a church by a priest. My parents didn't care. We had already been living together for some time.

Yeah, what's with the whole, "You gotta get married in a church" thing? We don't go to chuch, we don't believe in the same things his parents do, wouldn't it be hypocritical to get married in a church? I mean wouldn't that be more disrespectful?

Yeah, what's with the whole, "You gotta get married in a church" thing? We don't go to chuch, we don't believe in the same things his parents do, wouldn't it be hypocritical to get married in a church? I mean wouldn't that be more disrespectful?

I tried to tell my mom Id probably get hit by lightning if I tried to go into a church.

So, you're getting married twice? Once on Friday and once in October? Man, forget that. Get married on Friday and go on another vacation in October with the all the money you save. Call it the honeymoon to end all honeymoons.

Congrats. Have fun and take some pics.