Vector graphics editor

Jonny_B

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
Marklar
₥76
I'm looking for an editor that can work on eps files and keep them in vector format. Maybe this is something I can do in photoshop but it seems to just rasterize them whenever I open. Can someone recommend a program (preferably free)?

fuck i hate it when i post before trying one last google search. perhaps inkscape is the answer to my search? we'll see.

i'd settle for an EPS to SVG converter. Inkscape can work with SVG's and can export to EPS but it can't open EPS.

ok. installed ghostscript, ghostview, and pstoedit to convert it to a svg so i can use inkscape.

man. free is cool but what a pita.

annnnnd done. thanks.

Last edited:
depending on the version of eps, you could've placed it in a word doc or ppt and then saved it back out as an svg.

You can edit basic vector in PS, but it's very rudimentary. I'm not even sure of a method of opening a vector file and keeping it in vector. If I had PS on this machine, I could figure out if it is possible.

edit: VRR supports eps files. http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/projekty/vrr/

Last edited:
depending on the version of eps, you could've placed it in a word doc or ppt and then saved it back out as an svg.

You can edit basic vector in PS, but it's very rudimentary. I'm not even sure of a method of opening a vector file and keeping it in vector. If I had PS on this machine, I could figure out if it is possible.

edit: VRR supports eps files. http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/projekty/vrr/
darn. that would have saved a bit of trouble. no matter, got it all working now.

i gotta say, editing vector graphics is very interesting. i wish i had that kind of click and drag control over polylines in autocad.

i gotta say, editing vector graphics is very interesting. i wish i had that kind of click and drag control over polylines in autocad.
Um, splines? Not sure exactly what you're doing but if you cant figure out how to do it in autocad you probably just dont know the command. :p

Last edited: