Ontopic Vancouver Winter Olymics 2010

Landing clean or unclean wouldn't count then?

What exactly is a clean landing? In figure skating you can two foot a landing, you won't fall, but is that "clean"? some of the takeoffs like a salchow or loop are very similar depending on the leading edge, how would you differentiate that?

How do you measure the stuff in between the jumps? How do you gauge spins and spin technique?

What exactly is a clean landing? In figure skating you can two foot a landing, you won't fall, but is that "clean"? some of the takeoffs like a salchow or loop are very similar depending on the leading edge, how would you differentiate that?

How do you measure the stuff in between the jumps? How do you gauge spins and spin technique?

you put all the figure skaters on the ice at the same time. Last one standing wins.

He sure looked great getting beaten by Canada 7-3, and how many cups does he have again? olympic golds?

lol!
You think it would make a difference if you swap Cosby and Ovy on either of those teams?

Cosby did not win that Cup by himself. Malkin and Fleury were also big part of the Penguins success that season.

So tre, in your expert Canadian fan opinion, were the fans cheering loudly for Ryan Miller (almost as loud as Crosby) because of his goaltending? Or were they assholes and cheering loudly for him because he let the winning goal by?

So tre, in your expert Canadian fan opinion, were the fans cheering loudly for Ryan Miller (almost as loud as Crosby) because of his goaltending? Or were they assholes and cheering loudly for him because he let the winning goal by?

It was definitely a cheer of respect. He was phenomenal all tournament long, and very much deserved to be tournament MVP.

Yes he was. Very amazing job and I hope he doesn't get too hard on himself too long (you could tell he was immediatly after the game, but looked cheerful during the closing ceremony)

I know some of the canadian women were saying they'd rather win bronze than silver, because it means you won your last game, and go home happy.

I know some of the canadian women were saying they'd rather win bronze than silver, because it means you won your last game, and go home happy.

In NCAA basketball, is it better to lose in the National Championship or win the NIT?
In the NHL would you rather lose in the Stanley Cup playoffs or Beat Edmonton 8-1?
Would you rather lose in the World Cup finals or win the Confederation Cup?

It's got to be said. Canadia put on a great party. I particularly loved one guy near the front of the parallel slalom crowd who danced every time the cameras were on. He's a youtube sensation in the making.