Vampire Zombies

S

smileynev

So I had a disturbing dream a few weeks ago about zombies. It wasn't your typical apocalyptic happy go lucky zombie dream, it was more scary and far less entertaining. Anyway, I don't remember most of the dream, other then the idea that the zombies were able to hide their zombiehood until they struck. And that got me thinking about zombie vampires.

If a zombie were to bite a vampire, would the vampire become a zombie? And vice versa. If a vampire bit a zombie, would the zombie become vampiric? Or would the vampire still become a zombie?

smileynev said:
If a zombie were to bite a vampire, would the vampire become a zombie? And vice versa. If a vampire bit a zombie, would the zombie become vampiric? Or would the vampire still become a zombie?

I wouldnt think so, because both are already technically dead.

Zombies dont have fresh blood... Why would a vampire bite one?

In most styles vampires are supposedly immune to human diseases, this would I think preclude them from Dawn of the Dead and Resident Evil style zombie infections.

ChikkenNoodul said:
In some circles, like in the movie Blade but elsewhere as well, zombies are considered to be failures in the vampire 'turning' process, ending up only with the hunger for human flesh and nothing else.

Ah, so zombies could be considered vampire retards?
Interesting.

Drool-Boy said:
I wouldnt think so, because both are already technically dead.

They are really undead, so its hard to say exactly. Obviously the vampire needs to feed otherwise it will die, and the zombie needs to do something, otherwise they would be really boring.

FlamingGlory said:
Zombies dont have fresh blood... Why would a vampire bite one?

In most styles vampires are supposedly immune to human diseases, this would I think preclude them from Dawn of the Dead and Resident Evil style zombie infections.

assume the supply of fresh humans is scarce or non existent.

Also assume that the zombie curse is mystical or of an unnatural disease

smileynev said:
assume the supply of fresh humans is scarce or non existent.

Also assume that the zombie curse is mystical or of an unnatural disease
Well traditional vampires dont actually have to feed... In the other styles they can usually subsist on animals (see Interveiw With A Vampire). It's usually a requirement that the blood be fresh or relatively so. Zombies usually are completely dead things that still move. Although I cant find any specific information on whether they are actually decompsing it certainly looks like it.

Mystical zombies are usually of the voodoo type and in control of the person who brought them back to life. Their usually is the requirement that they be dead in the first place. Vampires arent technically dead just living on a different level, otherwise they couldnt be 'killed'.

I still dont see the disease factor coming in. I've never heard of a vampire getting AIDS or Herpes so...

i had a dream that zombies couldn't see you if you were naked. i spent the time roaming the streets and pulling my clothes up and down anytime i approached one. they were pretty gruesome to the ones who weren't naked. i could also escape by lying down on the ground, which was fine but hardened sand, pull it up over me like a tent, and hide that way.
it was creepy when a zombie would get RIGHT IN MY FACE, thinking something was there, but they never found me. i never took my clothes off, either, because i didn't want to be walking around naked. duh.
it was very movie-like and cool.

carry on.

Thorn Bird said:
i had a dream that zombies couldn't see you if you were naked. i spent the time roaming the streets and pulling my clothes up and down anytime i approached one. they were pretty gruesome to the ones who weren't naked. i could also escape by lying down on the ground, which was fine but hardened sand, pull it up over me like a tent, and hide that way.
it was creepy when a zombie would get RIGHT IN MY FACE, thinking something was there, but they never found me. i never took my clothes off, either, because i didn't want to be walking around naked. duh.

carry on.
You have... issues.

Thorn Bird said:
oh...just in my dreams. i'm a normal ol' gal when my eyes are open.
Acting normal has nothing to do with what's going on in your head. This I can attest to.

Thorn Bird said:

carry on.

Sounds like a dream I had about your husband. Minus the zombies. And he didn't mind being naked.

Thorn Bird said:

carry on.
Did you get sand in your vagina?

I think they would laugh and gnaw on each other for a while before saying "Good game" and going their separate ways.

Lord Flaccid said:
If they couldn't see you if you were naked then why did you need the sand?

i don't know. i don't control my dreams. i guess if i couldn't get naked fast enough, i could always drop and pull the sand over me. the one thing i was always worried about was my socks and shoes. i was afraid they'd find me just be seeing my shoes, because i never had time to take them off.