Baby Vaggie Babies

Some might expect that since the vegan diet contains a form of iron that is not that well absorbed, vegans might be prone to developing iron deficiency anemia. However, surveys of vegans 2,3 have found that iron deficiency anemia is no more common among vegetarians than among the general population although vegans tend to have lower iron stores

http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/iron.htm

what is WRONG with people?! poor baby.

meh, he's on soy milk now (like i said, soy everything it seems). so not bewb milk.

I'm just sayin.. didn't they find that early man's (cromagnon? sp?) brain size began to grow when he started eating meat? something like that?

my nephew looks very healthy physically, i just worry about brain development. or the lack thereof due to a lack of meat. adults are different. i'm of the opinion that KIDS NEED MEAT PROTEIN. maybe i'm wrong.

what is WRONG with people?! poor baby.

meh, he's on soy milk now (like i said, soy everything it seems). so not bewb milk.

I'm just sayin.. didn't they find that early man's (cromagnon? sp?) brain size began to grow when he started eating meat? something like that?

my nephew looks very healthy physically, i just worry about brain development. or the lack thereof due to a lack of meat. adults are different. i'm of the opinion that KIDS NEED MEAT PROTEIN. maybe i'm wrong.

But the quality of meat has vastly changed over time. All crap they pump chickens and cows with makes me cringe. Not only is it horrible for the animals to experience. I completely believe that its horrible to put into our bodies.

But the quality of meat has vastly changed over time. All crap they pump chickens and cows with makes me cringe. Not only is it horrible for the animals to experience. I completely believe that its horrible to put into our bodies.

But there is quality meat available, you just have to seek it out and be willing to pay the price for it. Same thing goes for vegetables.

well, this is a hot topic every time we get together... the wife just sent me some info and it said that babies need more of some of those essential vitamins and minerals.

she also sent me some symptoms of veggie kids who aren't getting all they need and the neph is certainly exhibiting many of the signs.

tough place to be in cause my bro (whom i love dearly) and his wife just ain't tryin to hear opinions that differ from their own. they're smart too, so I hate when pigheadedness keeps you from doing what you really should.

remind me of the san fran fart sniffers from south park. a little righteous.

You could just tell them your nephew is now stupid and borderline retarded because his parent's didn't give him nutrients to grow brain cells properly.

Or that your nephew will get made fun of and his life be less successful because he won't be strong enough with his weakened muscle base to be a competitive athlete thanks to his hippy parents. Or tell them that even though his mother stopped drinking or smoking while pregnant (most like) denying vital building blocks to an out-of-the-womb child is criminal and needs just as much careful planning as going to term without a drug/alcohol habit.