Hawt Vacation!!!

I always knew I was more wealthy than you.

Texas used to be the bottom of the ocean. The soil here is mostly clay and very difficult to work with. Basements don't really work in Texas. Unless you are rich enough to not care about a lot of extra engineering.

Texas used to be the bottom of the ocean. The soil here is mostly clay and very difficult to work with. Basements don't really work in Texas. Unless you are rich enough to not care about a lot of extra engineering.
In northern climates you actually need a basement because of frost line and seasonal soil movement, doesn't matter what the soil type is. One place I lived we had solid red clay and I had to dig in it, was super fun spending an hour to get 4 inches.

but you're missing out on like an extra 1000 sq feet of living space!

I got a whole extra living room, bathroom, playroom and office down there.

Plus where Im at, the water table is so high youd just end up with an under-house pool.

edit - lol late

Yeah, it's not like him telling us his mother (who was a l0vely and wonderful woman btw) sadly died recently has been used against him or anything....

Since when was it okay to mock peoples deceased l0ved ones ? :rolleyes:

I get all kinds of comments about my dead parents, maybe not here, but I get them. Then again I was very open about the whole situation. I know exactly what it is like to care for and lose a parent. It sucks big fat donkey balls.

Everywhere I have ever lived had mostly clay for soil. It does suck to dig in. Around here there's also a whole lot of granite. That's fun too!

I get all kinds of comments about my dead parents, maybe not here, but I get them. Then again I was very open about the whole situation. I know exactly what it is like to care for and lose a parent. It sucks big fat donkey balls.
Huge difference between comments and having it used against you. The other thing is I never made it a topic of discussion.