Using FireFox at work :D

Nyx

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
Planet Hell
Marklar
₥0
Here in the office we aren't allowed to install any software on the computers we use. One of the IT guys told me a while back "We run a Microsoft shop here" which pretty much killed my hopes of using FireFox at work, or so I thought...

Anyway, I found out about Portable FireFox, which can be run from my MicroVault, without installing anything on the computer, keeping the profile files on the USB drive, and I'm loving it :D

firefoxss.jpg

My resolution is 1600 x 1200, so I had to cut a hell of a lot off of the screen shot to make it a manageable size without the type being too tiny to read. I almost have to keep using IE for our intranet site and to check my office email, since those are very much optimized for IE and look like crap in FireFox, otherwise it's all good :cool:

Viremia said:
IE > Firefox

:p

Purely a matter of personal opinion :p

To each his own, I won't argue the point.

theacoustician said:
Does it really matter?

Not that much, except that (a) I personally prefer FireFox, and (b) when someone tells me I *can't* do something it makes me really, REALLY want to find a way to do it :o

dreamwalker said:
Not that much, except that (a) I personally prefer FireFox, and (b) when someone tells me I *can't* do something it makes me really, REALLY want to find a way to do it :o
Ok, I can dig it.

theacoustician said:
Ok, I can dig it.

I'm getting a bit of a reputation in the office for finding ways around the rules and ways to get around the POS program we have to use for work and make it do what we want it to do, I'm not sure yet if that is good or bad :fly:

I want to install Firefox on my school computers cuz IE drives me nuts.

dreamwalker said:
Can you install it, or is it "against the rules"? Do you have a USB drive? Do you have an MP3 player (which is what I'm using today)? Here is where I got this little gem:

http://johnhaller.com/jh/mozilla/portable_firefox/

I have an external harddrive, baby.
It's so large.. I customized a bumper sticker for it says
"How's my Driving?" then is followed by an IP address instead of a phone number :p

but ooo this looks good.

Lynnakitty said:
I have an external harddrive, baby.
It's so large.. I customized a bumper sticker for it says
"How's my Driving?" then is followed by an IP address instead of a phone number :p

but ooo this looks good.

So far I love it.

I like the sticker idea too :cool:

dreamwalker said:
So far I love it.

I like the sticker idea too :cool:
My work buddy and I came up with it on Saturday. No one came to the pool because we were getting a snow storm and I had my drive there and he commented that I need naked lady mud-flaps for it.

Lynnakitty said:
My work buddy and I came up with it on Saturday. No one came to the pool because we were getting a snow storm and I had my drive there and he commented that I need naked lady mud-flaps for it.

I like the sticker idea better :lol:

My computer at home has a couple of stickers on it, thanks to my kids. One says "Back up my hard drive, how do I put it in reverse?", the other says "If it ain't broke fix it until it is".

dreamwalker said:
I like the sticker idea better :lol:

My computer at home has a couple of stickers on it, thanks to my kids. One says "Back up my hard drive, how do I put it in reverse?", the other says "If it ain't broke fix it until it is".
Hahaha those are good. I have to go out and find some sticker paper so I can make pretty stickers for it.
I get alot of flack for the case being huge, might as well exploit it.

Lynnakitty said:
Hahaha those are good. I have to go out and find some sticker paper so I can make pretty stickers for it.

I do too..... case probably weighs damn near 50 lbs.

And dw, Firefox/Mozilla products are all we're allowed to use here at work, as we're an "anti-Microsoft" shop :fly:

BigDov said:
I do too..... case probably weighs damn near 50 lbs.

And dw, Firefox/Mozilla products are all we're allowed to use here at work, as we're an "anti-Microsoft" shop :fly:

Come here and convince the Health Information Service deparment for me :(

Lynnakitty said:

Make the most of it :)

BigDov said:
I suck at bending people to my will..... otherwise I would.

Oh well, I had to try :cool: