Useless Tunes

Fuck I hate journey
Everytime I hear one of their songs it makes me want to smash steve perrys larynx with a baseball bat

oh come on. I'm sure you crank this up when no one is home but you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Personally I prefer pre-Steve Perry Journey.

Once Steve Perry joined the band, it had jumped the shark. When Gregg Rolie left it was crapville.

I'll put the first three albums (Journey, Look into the Future, and Next) against any three rock albums.

Really? From my point of view Steve Perry made that band. Before him nobody knew who they were. I think their older stuff sounds generic and bland. Once Steve Perry joined at least they had something unique. Love him or hate him, he certainly pulled in the crowds, garnered the radio play, and brought the women to the audience. If you are trying to make a good living in that industry, that is a recipe for success.

So a kid I went to highschool with, the band he is in (he's the drummer) recently got signed to Prosthetic Records (pretty decently sized label). Can't wait for their new album (and corresponding video game) to come out. I realize this interests probably no one here, but what the hell. Help them get some exposure, even if it is Googlebots.

video game on a projector while on stage

hd quality video though the person holding the camera has teh shakes.

This upcoming album is way different than their 1st album, different vocalist as well.

Really? From my point of view Steve Perry made that band. Before him nobody knew who they were. I think their older stuff sounds generic and bland. Once Steve Perry joined at least they had something unique. Love him or hate him, he certainly pulled in the crowds, garnered the radio play, and brought the women to the audience. If you are trying to make a good living in that industry, that is a recipe for success.

So I guess you think that early Santana is "generic and bland", to including Black Magic Woman. Which was written by Peter Green (founder of Fleetwood Mac along with Mick Fleetwood and John McVie). Neal Schon (joined Santana at age 17) and Gregg Rolie (original member) both left Santana to form Journey.

If you like Steve Perry then you must love bland arena rock. Oh, most women's views on music belong in the garbage can.

I'm calling you on that one. schon never played as well again after he left santana. on his own he was chock full of cheese. soloing over santana tunes was an entirely different story.