Useless Forams, I need your help (OMG another wedding thread LOLOL)

*Fuxx Burger*

Flaccid Member
Jan 20, 2005
Portland OR
Marklar
₥0
Ok so the big day is just 9 days away and I am pretty much done everything and I'm all set to go.

I just have a few little things to tie up, and one of them I am looking for your suggestions on.
I want to have some nice soft music playing in the background as my guests enter the church. I'm not really sure what to play. I sampled some music at H&M today (everything from classical guitar, some weird hippy dude and Micheal Buble) Nothing remotely went with the feel/theme of our wedding except for Miceahl Buble... so I am wondering if you guys have any suggestions?

I'm going to have Celtic instrumentals at my wedding, they're dreamy, flowey and unobtrusive... and quite romantic!

I've never heard of Michael Buble...???

But good choice on having music playing, the most awkward parts of weddings are when churches are silent.

harry connick, jr.

glen miller

frank sinatra

louis armstrong

billie holliday

harry's got like a billion albums...i can give you some good titles for a wedding if you're interested.

Vocal/Big Band... In a church?

Anyway, the Adagio from Ave Verum (Mozart) leaps to mind.

Black/white. So quite classy and modern. Very cool ;)
Evening service by candle light. So something soft/big bandsy whatever would be awesome.

I would do Frank but our exit song is "fly me to the moon" so I don't want to over kill it.

Micheal Buble is from Montreal and Im not kidding he's Frank with a french accent :drool:

Thorn Bird said:
harry connick, jr.

glen miller

frank sinatra

louis armstrong

billie holliday

harry's got like a billion albums...i can give you some good titles for a wedding if you're interested.
omg yes yes yes! :eeks:

absolutely!

FlamingGlory said:
Vocal/Big Band... In a church?

Anyway, the Adagio from Ave Verum (Mozart) leaps to mind.

i had a big band for my reception. are we talking reception or music in the church? hmm...

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Black/white. So quite classy and modern. Very cool ;)
Evening service by candle light. So something soft/big bandsy whatever would be awesome.

I would do Frank but our exit song is "fly me to the moon" so I don't want to over kill it.

Micheal Buble is from Montreal and Im not kidding he's Frank with a french accent :drool:
If you're doing frank then you can look into Louie... and Ella (Fitzgerald) they have some great songs!

Louie:

Moments to Remember
Our Love is Here to Stay
Dream a Little Dream of Me
Heaven
Only You

sorry...i thought you were referring to reception. wedding...i personally would prefer instrumental stuff. IMO. but you can go with vocal if it's appropriate. you have it wide open with your theme. i hired a guy to play the violin and a woman for the piano, but it was only violin for the guests' entrance. i wonder if there's some harry that's only instrumental out there. i think of entrance music as something to fill the background, not necessarily to be noticed by all. know what i mean? but that's MO.

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Yup- why not?

I'm walking down the isle do a beatles song with my dad.
Sometimes I wish I had hosting :lol: English vocals in a church is usually a NO! but hey...

Aqualung - Brighter Than Sunshine

*Fuxx Burger* said:
That would be perfect.

that really would be. i honestly think (i'm actually listening to him now) that if it's low, even him singing would be ok. just make sure the songs are appropriate!! i'm listening to an album of cover songs...it's incredible. it's called only you...i just swoon over him...i need a fainting couch...*bites lip*

Buble's good. I've been hearing him on a lot of commercials lately, and I've been meaning to go check out his albums.

Fat Burger said:
Contribute to the thread or I punch you in the nuts :mad:
1) Maybe you should read the thread first :tard:
2) Threatening physical violence on the internet is; a) stupid, b) tasteless