Useless at work

Pandora

Flaccid Member
Oct 19, 2004
Atlanta GA!
skewed.textamerica.com
Marklar
₥0
Our poor IT guys are scrambling to get our computer system back up. For some reason it died over the weekend while they were updating server stuff....or whatever. So for the first 1.5 hrs of my day I haven't been able to do anything. It's scary how dependent we are on computers these days. :omy:

So what's the longest you've endured on a computer/network downage? And do you think we are too dependent on computers?

i can go for days at work without touching a computer. the only times i need to use one are to enter data, look up pricing on stuff and research papers. the latter two i can do without using the computer (although it's a pain in the butt). we really haven't had a network downage last more than a day here, so that was fine. i think for some people whos entire work protocol hinges on entering and researching information, the dependence on computers is justified. for the rest of us, especially since i use the comp mainly for leisure, i think we're too fixated on getting our cyberfix.

I think my computer was fried for like 3 or 4 days back in highschool one time. That's about the worst.

I do think we're dependent on computers, but I don't think it's such a bad thing. We're dependent on a lot of things to make our civilization run, at least in the sense that we use them to keep our standard of living up where it is.

This is kind of odd that you made this thread right now. I know a lot of you aren't religious, but I am, and I was just meditating on why Jesus instructed his disciples to pray give us this day our daily bread. I think a worldview that demands a truly masculine person be free of all dependence, as our culture often seems to tell me, is unrealistic and immature.

My boss would love and hate me not having a computer, he really wants me handling phone issues but he needs me to process the orders and work on the database. Sadly I am not 5 ppl.

My boss would love and hate me not having a computer, he really wants me handling phone issues but he needs me to process the orders and work on the database. Sadly I am not 5 ppl.

do i dare comment on this open ending?

LOL @ parents. Do they know a laptop is a computer?

well i have to have a computer to write essays and other things. they mainly took away my pc cause it has a lot of games and shows on it that distract me from my studies. i guess they didn't realize i can live off of emulators and classic games ha ha ha ha ha!

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?
gallery2.jpg

well i have to have a computer to write essays and other things. they mainly took away my pc cause it has a lot of games and shows on it that distract me from my studies. i guess they didn't realize i can live off of emulators and classic games ha ha ha ha ha!

But... you... paid... for... that... PC

our network isn't down, but there was no one at the office anyway until just now. damn ice storm. my street was a wreck until the sun could get at it. i couldn't even walk up my driveway this morning until i sanded it.

I get sick of computers and leave the internet for months at a time.

I do most things on/in a notebook, the made out of trees kind. All my pictures are on the computer though :(

I'm still here and I still can't do anything. My boss lady gave me a project to work on, but when I asked her for more detail on what was included in "Digital service" she said she didn't have a list or anything that could explain it and she doesn't really know how to explain it to me. ...wtff.....not that I should be suprised, that's business as usual around here.... *grumbles* :rant: