fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥84,116
Steam
mattressfish
This begins a series of ironically useful threads on uselessforums.com

Do you occasionally install Windows XP for friends and customers only to have to wait for an hour while all the updates download only to find that you'll need to reboot and download more? No longer!

What you'll need:

1. Fire up the RyanVM Integrator.
--1a. Select the drive where the XP CD is located.
--1b. Select a destination directory (I chose the desktop, but wherever.)
--1c. Select the location where you downloaded the Post-SP2 Update Pack
--1d. Select any optional addons (I also downloaded DirectX 9.0c, also available on RyanVM's site)
--1e. Hit the integrate button! (The process will take some serious time, based on how fast your PC is.)

145f0b46b90a6e.jpg

2. Extract the xpboot.bin file from the Xpboot.zip that you downloaded above.

3. Now to fire up Nero and insert your blank CD.
--3a. Choose the Bootable CD option. Then for the boot file, choose the xpboot.bin that you extracted in Step 2. Finally, check the box for 'expert settings', choose 'No Emulation', and change the number of loaded sectors to 4.

145f0b46b929ac.jpg

--3b. Change the label of the CD as seen below (Probably not required, but meh). Then press the 'New' button.

145f0b46b929ac.jpg

--3c. In the box that pops up, drag all the files in the folder you created in Step 1b to the CD and BURN BABY BURN.

You now have a CD with every patch since Service Pack 2 integrated. Check out some of the other cool additions you can make to the default XP install here.

fly, always useful and helpful in every way :heart:

Now take your pants off and bend over :heart:

I install with a pre-SP1 disk circa 2001. When I visit windows update after a fresh install I set up camp and fill the cooler with ice.

I finally got my Barely Naked XP disk back and that is all I ever use. It is just a shell of XP with absolutely nothing in it, not even a calculator, lol. Helps me greatly since I have an older pc and enjoy gaming on it.

I finally got my Barely Naked XP disk back and that is all I ever use. It is just a shell of XP with absolutely nothing in it, not even a calculator, lol. Helps me greatly since I have an older pc and enjoy gaming on it.

That couldn't save you more than 10mb of ram tho. Hmmm, I could create a howto to make your own barely naked xp...

That couldn't save you more than 10mb of ram tho. Hmmm, I could create a howto to make your own barely naked xp...

I used that nlite program you gave me but it didnt really get as in depth as the disk I had premade did. I dont know if I just didnt do enough or not but the disk I have is amazing. I am not sure why it works so much better but if I install a regular xp disk my comp is very slow. Remember I only have 512 ram.

I used that nlite program you gave me but it didnt really get as in depth as the disk I had premade did. I dont know if I just didnt do enough or not but the disk I have is amazing. I am not sure why it works so much better but if I install a regular xp disk my comp is very slow. Remember I only have 512 ram.

If ya ask me, its the placebo effect. ;) When you first start your PC, how much RAM is it using?

*puke* I've had to use mine once. Tempted to actually just BUY a copy of XP so I dont get all the dell crap.

XP with sp2 is probably all you need.

If you use Firefox most of the reasons for all the patches are unnecessary.

You can also pretty much bandit the Vista GUI and the SpyderBar is freeware (should you want the streaming RSS feeds, clock, weather and internals, running on the side).

Anyhow, best to get it now while you can locate the SP2.

Stick it to Gates and his DRM, cpu hogging Vista.