Thread US Economy Making A Turn For THe Better?

OzSTEEZ

¡ɟɟo ʞɔnɟ ʇunɔ 'ᴉO
Nov 11, 2008
Oz
Marklar
₥25,442
http://www.news.com.au/business/bre.../story-e6frfkur-1225916924897?from=public_rss

US stocks soared overnight after new data showing an improvement in the job market and a narrowing trade gap bolstered hopes that the US economy was on a recovery track.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 80.15 points (0.77 per cent) to 10,467.16 in opening trades, while the broader S&P 500 index gained 10.87 points (0.99 per cent) to 1109.74 points.

The tech-rich Nasdaq composite index was up 20.20 points (0.92 per cent) to 2248.97.
Shortly before the opening bell, Labor Department figures showed the number of Americans filing new claims for jobless benefits last week fell faster than expected to 451,000, down 27,000 from the previous week's revised figure.

Data released by the Department of Commerce showed the US trade deficit dropped more than expected in July to 42.8 billion dollars as exports reached their highest level in two years.

"A much steeper-than-anticipated drop in jobless claims and a larger narrowing of the trade deficit than forecasted are giving a boost to sentiment in morning trading," analysts at Charles Schwab said in a note.

Well look at that, aye!

I just looked at my 401k because of this thread. Personal Rate of Return from 01/01/2010 to 09/08/2010 is 1.8%. ugh

Seems like on an almost weekly basis I hear about someone I know (on some level) getting canned.

This. I use to be able to say what Chikken was saying until our family and close circle of friends started getting hit. Now it seems way to many people I know are hurting.

They probably doctored the data to make the stocks climb and further help the economy in the right direction. The prediction comes true by making the prediction.

http://www.news.com.au/business/bre.../story-e6frfkur-1225916924897?from=public_rss

US stocks soared overnight after new data showing an improvement in the job market and a narrowing trade gap bolstered hopes that the US economy was on a recovery track.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 80.15 points (0.77 per cent) to 10,467.16 in opening trades, while the broader S&P 500 index gained 10.87 points (0.99 per cent) to 1109.74 points.

The tech-rich Nasdaq composite index was up 20.20 points (0.92 per cent) to 2248.97.
Shortly before the opening bell, Labor Department figures showed the number of Americans filing new claims for jobless benefits last week fell faster than expected to 451,000, down 27,000 from the previous week's revised figure.

Data released by the Department of Commerce showed the US trade deficit dropped more than expected in July to 42.8 billion dollars as exports reached their highest level in two years.

"A much steeper-than-anticipated drop in jobless claims and a larger narrowing of the trade deficit than forecasted are giving a boost to sentiment in morning trading," analysts at Charles Schwab said in a note.

Well look at that, aye!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:lol:

Thanks for the great laugh ODS. The stock market is one of the worst economic indicators. During the "Great" depression the stock market went up and down more then a 2 dollar whore.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:lol:

Thanks for the great laugh ODS. The stock market is one of the worst economic indicators. During the "Great" depression the stock market went up and down more then a 2 dollar whore.

You're right. But that's not what the article is about. The stock market moved in response to the data. The stock market movement is not the data.

They probably doctored the data to make the stocks climb and further scotch the economy in the right direction. The prediction comes true by making the prediction.

I've been saying for well over a couple of years, that if the media would just shut the hell up about how "bad" it is, it wouldn't be so "bad".

Self-fulfilling and all that as it were.