US cruise ship outruns pirates

seems like any warship in the area could deploy a fast moving attack helo to intercept.
the area is HUGE

what they need to do is get all marine traffic to agree to travel within a specific corridor to and from the suez canal. that'll at least reduce the width of the area even if it doesn't reduce the length.

the area is HUGE

what they need to do is get all marine traffic to agree to travel within a specific corridor to and from the suez canal. that'll at least reduce the width of the area even if it doesn't reduce the length.

the thing is, they have such an area called the international corridor that's patrolled... i guess alot of ships choose not to go this route for some reason.

my friend is out in this region at the minute. i'm not quite sure which vessel he's with, but he's combat warfare officer onboard.

he'll be home for christmas, and will no doubt blind me with storys and sea shantees.

my friend is out in this region at the minute. i'm not quite sure which vessel he's with, but he's combat warfare officer onboard.

he'll be home for christmas, and will no doubt blind me with storys and sea shantees.
thems be not storys, matey, thems be YAARRRRRRNS!

this is all obviously pirates of the carribeans fault. i should've paid attention to the petitions against that movie glorifying pirates, curses, gold, sea turtles, and death.

Reading more on the story the cruise ship was a very small model basically it was a yacht. That's why they were able to run away. It said one of the large ships wouldn't have been able to do it.

Reading more on the story the cruise ship was a very small model basically it was a yacht. That's why they were able to run away. It said one of the large ships wouldn't have been able to do it.

If a large cruise ship can be captured by 8 guys with rifles, something isn't right.

They didn't even have an rpg. Just rifles. That's it.