US cruise ship outruns pirates

Isn't this why we have subs?

A few torpedos will teach these fuckers something. Send in a hi-profile target, once the pirate mothership moves in to try a capture, unleash the fish.

Black Hawk Down always made me lol. We went in for a simple mission and killed an estimated 2000+ people.

How does a cruiseship outrun a speedboat? I thought cruiseships can only go like 30 knots where speedboats can friggin move like 50+ knots... Besides, the speedboats are more maneuverable. GG US Navy for protecting a US ship. I'm thought that would fall into their orders to protect US citizens and property.

Needs more 50cals mounted to the deck of cruiseships.

How does a cruiseship outrun a speedboat? I thought cruiseships can only go like 30 knots where speedboats can friggin move like 50+ knots... Besides, the speedboats are more maneuverable. GG US Navy for protecting a US ship. I'm thought that would fall into their orders to protect US citizens and property.

Needs more 50cals mounted to the deck of cruiseships.

I doubt they were in a Fountain chasing down a cruise ship. They were probably in some sort of crappy, thrid world Zodiac or something...

you're going to send a sub after a few retards in an inflatable zodiac? :fly:

Well, we did send in both the rangers and a marine expeditionary unit for a somalian wardlord...

But no, I was actually thinking more along the lines of these pirate motherships we are hearing about. The bigger boats that the zodiaks and skiffs are deploying off of.

The lanes these guys cruise, I would suspect that just a few jackasses in a zodiac isn't going to get much. There is a boat out there with radar or something directing traffic.

looking at the picture in the article, they're in like a 30 foot boat with a 50hp johnson on the back. they wont get to far to fast.