unexpected holiday cheer?

InfluX

Flaccid Member
Apr 1, 2006
the last frontier.
Marklar
₥0
i hate christmas. i really do. part of this may stem from having lived in a town called north pole for several years where the light posts are painted like, i shit you not, candy canes, and there is a man there who has legally changed his name to kris kringle (he works at pizza hut during the off season) and the other part may be because i am simply a horrible, hateful person.
however sometimes random acts of kindness make me feel differently.

case in point, i have just recieved a wonderful card which will help me buy new pants (to replace the ones i ripped getting INTO my car) :) from a wonderful person a million miles away, completely unexpected. it warms my heart meats to learn that there are still genuinely nice, caring people out there. warm enough to get a mini tree for the cats to destroy, now the only holiday decoration in the cabin. (<3 theac)

i've been away for a bit so i have no idea if this is an existing thread already but anyone care to share their own little stories of joy?

(and mikey, stop leaving creepy footprints around my outhouse, i can put a lock on that one too :heart:)

the guys i've been working with from alaska came down here to visit and were pretty shocked to see 3 inches of snow on the ground during a lightning storm... then it started raining really hard...

pretty soon the snow was gone thanks to the rain but then it all froze leaving one helluva problem....

Last Christmas I was struck by good luck a few times. We were in Morocco on Xmas day and desperately wanted to get out of the country so we got a train to the port town (almost being robbed on the way, which wasn't lucky) and bumped into a Finnish girl who tagged along with us, turns out she lived with a guy in Amsterdam who my s/o used to live with, which was quite funny. Then on the ferry we chatted with a Spanish man and his family about beer and he decided to give us a ride all the way back to where we were staying about 2 hours away. That warmed my heart. :)