FYI Unclaimed property.

Hey, Eileen, we need to spend an afternoon filling out forms. It looks like your dad had some unclaimed stock registered to his office address and my grandmother had some sort of life insurance policy. Not to mention the $100 or so due to me from Eerie insurance.

edit: looks like one for your mom too. Cellco partnership, whatever the fuck that is.

We've tried to do something with that stock but we can't because my mom never set up an estate for my dad. If we did at this point the taxes would be more than the stock is worth. We should look into the other stuff though. No idea what Cellco partnership is.

We've tried to do something with that stock but we can't because my mom never set up an estate for my dad. If we did at this point the taxes would be more than the stock is worth. We should look into the other stuff though. No idea what Cellco partnership is.

I'm not so sure, because the cost basis steps up, you don't keep the decedent's cost basis.

I'm not so sure, because the cost basis steps up, you don't keep the decedent's cost basis.

I'm not exactly sure what you are saying, but laws regarding this are different in every state. The stock isn't even worth $100. There are fees and taxes that would be due just to open up the estate of my dad in Maryland so that we could even endorse the check and cash it. It's not worth our time and it would ultimately cost us money.