umm ok so i want to learn to knit

Onnotangu said:
wool or acrliyc?

Wool is a nicer yarn and will be much warmer. It may also be a little itchy and will be much more expensive. It depends on what you want. I do most of my blankets and such in acrylic, simply cause it's much more affordable. Scarfs and Hats and such are usually nicer out of wool or a softer yarn.

yeah, go cheap and simple your first project. have a small goal, like a potholder or something. then you can pick what you like for something you're going to wear. actually, get one of each and do a set of potholders...then decide.

Onnotangu said:
I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what type of yarn to buy.

they say DK wieght but all i see is thise worsted weight stuff? and acrylic or wool?

I believe the stuff I bought was "sport weight" yarn? And I bought wool for theac's scarf. Personally tho I don't care for wool, it's itchy like a motherf'er.

KNYTE said:
Kiwi stabbed herself in the leg with her crochet hooker thing once, true story.

It was one of the little metal ones you use with thread, the hook end went into my leg about an inch, it was pretty nasty. Didn't hurt quite as bad as I would have thought it should though. I should have had someone take pics, that would be cool to share with people now. :fly:

Edit: Wait, the way Knyte worded it makes it sound as if I purposfully did it, it was an accident, the crochet hook was on the floor in some thread and I simply rolled over on top of it not realizing it was there.

kiwi said:
It was one of the little metal ones you use with thread, the hook end went into my leg about an inch, it was pretty nasty. Didn't hurt quite as bad as I would have thought it should though. I should have had someone take pics, that would be cool to share with people now. :fly:

Edit: Wait, the way Knyte worded it makes it sound as if I purposfully did it, it was an accident, the crochet hook was on the floor in some thread and I simply rolled over on top of it not realizing it was there.

:barf:

kiwi said:
Are you intentionally following me around and throwing up on all my posts? :rolleyes:

hahaha!! i can't help it if you're cringingly gross in one thread and loveydovey gross in another...:lol: