umm ok so i want to learn to knit

That's a fucking scarf and a half bai. I prefer a simple one-colour scarf though, find it just works better with both casual and dress.

JJ Lady said:
Pandora can knit. She is cool. I can only crochet.

I can only crochet as well, I keep trying to learn to knit, but then I get frustrated and go back to crocheting. I never want to do just scarves and stuff though, I always pick projects like socks and sweaters to learn on. Guess I should choose something a little simpler for a first project.

Where in MI? I'm in Kalamazoo attending Western Michigan University.

Knitting probably isn't a bad skill to have, but I"m not sure I'd want to add another endlessly repetitive task to my life. Good choice with the Dr. Who scarf, though. I gotta respect anyone who wears their geekdom on the outside.

Also:

What's the difference between knitting and crocheting? Can you do more complicated things with knitting or something?

itburnswhenipee said:
Knitting probably isn't a bad skill to have, but I"m not sure I'd want to add another endlessly repetitive task to my life. Good choice with the Dr. Who scarf, though. I gotta respect anyone who wears their geekdom on the outside.

Also:

What's the difference between knitting and crocheting? Can you do more complicated things with knitting or something?

I'm not sure but I think that is the main difference. All I know is that my grandmother crochets blankets and wash cloths, but my aunt knits sweaters, socks, booties, hats, gloves, etc.

Pandora said:
I'm actually in the process of knitting that very same scarf for theac. I spent about $40 in yarn over that damn thing and I prolly won't finish it till next winter.

For $40 american dollars you could probably pay an entire factory-full of east-asian slave laborers to produce an entire gross of Dr. Who style scarves. It's the thought that counts, though.

itburnswhenipee said:
For $40 american dollars you could probably pay an entire factory-full of east-asian slave laborers to produce an entire gross of Dr. Who style scarves. It's the thought that counts, though.

I guess he's rather have my blood, sweat and tears knitted into it rather than east-asian slaves. Go figure... :iono:

Pandora said:
I guess he's rather have my blood, sweat and tears knitted into it rather than east-asian slaves. Go figure... :iono:

Of course he would, anybody would rather have a Made in Pandora sticker on their scarf rather than a Made in China sticker.