Ontopic Ukrainian War

Someone defaced my Ukraine bumper sticker? Shit has been weird at work, someone stole my flashlight out of my car and now this. It's pretty high risk as well cause I park right in the front. Security footage, some black dude came out of the laundromat and tried to scrape up my sticker... Im confused really, did they even know about what it is, it wasnt a flagUntitled.png... I dont know.

It is the 24th now. 7 or 8 there. Independance day and 6 months since the invasion. :( I'd watch the news today.

Ukraine's ministry of defense has just like... given up trying to be the bigger person.

"
Good evening, Ukraine!
Having a bad sleep? Different thoughts climb into your head and spin in bed without sleep?
Soldiers of the 59th separate Yakov Gandyuk motorcycle brigade recalled an ancient and proven method that has a sedative effect and promotes fast falling asleep in situations of high anxiety."

• Haha
Reactions: fly
Russia is seriously retreating a whole bunch
Well, when your entire military budget is wasted in fraud waste and abuse, your corps has no NCOs, and the bulk of your equipment is carried forward from the 1940s-1970s, there's not a lot of good outcomes going up against a nation backed by NATO weaponry and doctrine.

Y'know, other than not starting the fucking war in the first place.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Well, when your entire military budget is wasted in fraud waste and abuse, your corps has no NCOs, and the bulk of your equipment is carried forward from the 1940s-1970s, there's not a lot of good outcomes going up against a nation backed by NATO weaponry and doctrine.

Y'know, other than not starting the fucking war in the first place.
Well yall weren't so optimistic in February 😜

It was fairly well known Russia's military was operating with cold war tech and conscripts.

What we knew in February was that Ukraine was basically a Soviet client state, so what they had at the time wasn't up to the task.

Circumstances changed.
They've also been fighting in Crimea since 2014. They might very not had the hardware but they had the organization.

Afghanistan had western backing and training and folded before the US even pulled out 🤷

Now I k ow comparing the ANP to Ukraine is ightly disingenuous but there is the attitude of the people...