GAY UK members, what's all this Megan Stammers stuff?

Actually many girls are maturing faster these days. Most of the girls in my sister's 5th grade classes get their period before the end of the year. They are 10 on average.

That probably scares the hell out of them. I'm assuming most parents aren't expecting to have to explain that yet.

Actually many girls are maturing faster these days. Most of the girls in my sister's 5th grade classes get their period before the end of the year. They are 10 on average.

I have to wonder if it's more a case of people forgetting what it was like back then.

In my 6th grade class, we were already discussing who were virgins in our class, and who weren't. This was, what, 1980?

I have to wonder if it's more a case of people forgetting what it was like back then.

In my 6th grade class, we were already discussing who were virgins in our class, and who weren't. This was, what, 1980?

6th grade was when I started paying attention to girls that way.

So true. My daughter is 12 and already wearing my size shoe, (well half size off), same bra BAND size (not cup size yet), and is almost as tall as me. I was way smaller than her at her age. I share tops with my daughter already, at 12. It's soo weird, and happening way too fast.

Well, I compare what I was doing at my daughter's age and what stage of maturity my body was in then, too. Maybe if I didn't have a daughter I'd not think about girls maturing quickly these days, yanno?

Well, I compare what I was doing at my daughter's age and what stage of maturity my body was in then, too. Maybe if I didn't have a daughter I'd not think about girls maturing quickly these days, yanno?

prob true. I know I didn't hit my full height and normal (by definition) weight until my junior year of college.