Baby UK is best v Obama

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,361
US President Barack Obama has expressed frustration over the "routine" response to mass shootings, after a gunman killed nine people in Oregon.

"We've become numb to this," he said at the White House, visibly angry.

He said the shootings had become "routine", as had his own response and the response of those who oppose his call for tighter gun controls.

The gunman, named as Chris Harper Mercer, was shot dead by police after the rampage at a college on Thursday.

Seven people were reportedly injured in the attack at Umpqua Community College.

The attacker was identified by unnamed officers, as local police refused to release his name.

Douglas County Sheriff John Hanlin said he did not wish to give the gunman "the credit he probably sought prior to this horrific and cowardly act".

Hours after the attack, President Obama demanded tighter gun laws, saying prayers are "no longer enough".

"We are not the only country on Earth that has people with mental illnesses or want to do harm to other people.

"But we are the only advanced country on Earth that sees these mass shootings every few months."

Referring to a BBC interview in which he talked about this, he said countries like the UK and Australia showed that effective legislation was possible.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34424713

To add something I thought was equally stupid. The guy at the gym wanted to start kids using guns in elementary school. You know the kids who pick their noses and can barely tie their shoes, should be taught to shoot a gun. I'm sorry but if I wanted to live in a war torn area where kids are learning to shoot guns at an early age, I'd go there. Again he couldn't leave fast enough for me.

To add something I thought was equally stupid. The guy at the gym wanted to start kids using guns in elementary school. You know the kids who pick their noses and can barely tie their shoes, should be taught to shoot a gun. I'm sorry but if I wanted to live in a war torn area where kids are learning to shoot guns at an early age, I'd go there. Again he couldn't leave fast enough for me.
They should be taught about guns for sure. What they are, how they work, how to treat one properly... Education goes a long ways.

• Gravy
Reactions: MadDog and APRIL
They should be taught about guns for sure. What they are, how they work, how to treat one properly... Education goes a long ways.
Yeah no - sorry I do NOT want my 7 year old to hold and shoot a gun and NOT in school. Sorry no way no how is this a brilliant idea.

If I want my child to use a gun, I will take him to a proper place to learn. School is NOT a place to have guns... ever!!!!! I cannot believe people think this is smart.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
They don't have to shoot them, they should learn about them properly though instead of piecing shit together from what they see on tv.

Yeah no. I would sooner home school my child than let someone else teach my child about weapons. Especially at grade school level and at the age of 7.

Do you not realize zero tolerance for weapons in schools is there for a reason? Loaded or not, fuck that. No way a kid needs to touch that in a public school. What good would it do knowing that there are so many types of guns out there anyway?

Yeah no - sorry I do NOT want my 7 year old to hold and shoot a gun and NOT in school. Sorry no way no how is this a brilliant idea.

If I want my child to use a gun, I will take him to a proper place to learn. School is NOT a place to have guns... ever!!!!! I cannot believe people think this is smart.
I don't understand. Are guns really that scary to you?

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor