ugh,

F33nX said:
sunlight? :lol: you should know better than that, especially living in chicago (which i did for 4 years), the sun doesn't come out for another couple of weeks yet:p for some reason everything i do feels like it has no purpose, no means to an end, etc. every morning i wake up and it's like, why? i need to cut back on my daily dose of existentialisms and probably take some more vitamin E :p
Yeah, I know the sun doesn't shine here. I'm feeling the effects of it myself. I've found going tanning helps a lot. I haven't gone since October, I'm about ready to kill at this point. :lol:

zengirl said:
Yeah, I know the sun doesn't shine here. I'm feeling the effects of it myself. I've found going tanning helps a lot. I haven't gone since October, I'm about ready to kill at this point. :lol:

So I guess this would be a bad time to tell you about the 65-70 degree weather I had yesterday, and the awesome bike ride I went on???

BigDov said:
So I guess this would be a bad time to tell you about the 65-70 degree weather I had yesterday, and the awesome bike ride I went on???
It was 63 here yesterday (at least that's what my car said) We went to the bike trail to check it out but not only was the trail too muddy to ride, but there was a warning sign that it was closed due to flooding. All of the snow that's melted flooded everything.

So we went to Menards and bought a kite.

zengirl said:
my skin doesn't take well to UV rays, so i don't think tanning would work. maybe i could invest in one of those lightboxes that allegedly produces natural sunlight.

F33nX said:
yeah, I get S.A.D. every winter. this winter's been extremely bad for me. usually it's gone away by now, and i think it had, but for some reason i feel so off again.
This has been the first real winter we've had in a few years. The last few years it'd snow once or twice but that's it... this year it seems it won't quit snowing and things are still brown and bare. It's really understandable.

I know you said that your skin doesn't tolerate UV very well, but the depression is partly biological. I forget how exactly it goes, but UV interacts with something in your body to create a vitamin. Deficiency of this vitamin is thought to cause mild depression. So if you can't tolerate the UV, then do look into taking multivitamins. I know they help me a lot.