Halp UFrz Educate Me v.Nextel

we used to have nextels with PTT at work... man we got in so much trouble with those things. absolutely loved them. learned quick to turn the ptt off in public :D

we'd do stuff like if a guy was in the gas station and a fat chick just walked in, we'd churp them and be like "hey, that chick you wanted to grope just walked in"

...whole service pretty much died when sprint took over though. don't see many people in the construction industry still using nextel or PTT.

Also the main feature of the Nextel is the push to talk walkie talkie feature but that requires whoever you're taking to to have Nextel as well.

My brother had a phone with that feature and quit using it when his wife chirped it while he was at work and said "PAPPA BEAR PAPPA BEAR THIS IS MOMMA BEAR COME ON BACK!!!"

He quit using it after that :fly:

Jebus, I last had a Nextel years before it was known as "chirping".

Thing was like a boat anchor on the belt, service was always good up here though.

Thankfully, never had to pay for it back then either since it was expensive as heck.

Also, in SA - wouldn't one be best served with something capable of both CDMA and GSM? I know that was helpful in Mehico....