UFC 91 - COUTURE VS. LESNAR

although i agree with you, anyone can get caught in the chin... The question then becomes can his/her chin take the abuse

yeah but I don't totally subscribe to that theory - and even if I did we don't train with Brock or Kimbo every day to know who takes it better

All of this is moot, because big nog is gonna kill Mir and then the winner of Couture/Chestnar

oh and WAW, Frank Mir, the guy who beat Lesnar isnt' even sure he could beat Couture.

you can't draw a straight line that a+b=c when it comes to how fighters interact and take each other on
it's no different than comparing 3 nfl teams

you can't draw a straight line that a+b=c when it comes to how fighters interact and take each other on
it's no different than comparing 3 nfl teams

But you have a longer standing veteran in the business who's at least able to recognize the talent difference between the two though.

couture is old, but he's pure skill.

lesnar is a beast, but he's dominated a few matches and then been caught in some pretty basic holds... so i'd have to put my money on couture here. i really like lesnar though. guy just needs a bit more work.

bread & circuses

its not two guys thrown into a ring and told to fight like animals, not street fighting or whatever they wanted to represent that toolbag Kimbo as.

it's highly trained fighters in multiple discliplines putting all of their skills to the test. very emotionally strong, talented, and dedicated fighters. Also, matches are typically called before a guy gets beaten senseless so you don't end up with Boxers sydrome where they end up basically braindead. Completely different game.

What's the difference between UFC and Football? Are both not testing ones skills to see who's superior in the game they've chosen?