[Contest] UFC 127: Penn vs Fitch

That's gonna be a hell of a fight.

Will be interesting to see how Jones handles his first elite striker.

That's gonna be a hell of a fight.

Will be interesting to see how Jones handles his first elite striker.

Bones definitely has to look for takedowns and watch out for leglocks if he does. He will have a significant reach advantage though, so it'll definitely be an interesting fight. I think if Jim Miller wins his fight, he should be in line for a title shot, especially with Sotiropoulous losing recently.

Bones definitely has to look for takedowns and watch out for leglocks if he does. He will have a significant reach advantage though, so it'll definitely be an interesting fight. I think if Jim Miller wins his fight, he should be in line for a title shot, especially with Sotiropoulous losing recently.

I don't think it'll be easy for Jones on the ground either. Rua's jitz is is arugably the best in the LHW division.

I like Jim Miller, but there are a few guys already inline for the LW title, especially with the WEC merger. Maynard gets another crack at it first, then Pettis, then whoever. Miller will may have to fight once or twice in the meantime.

I don't think it'll be easy for Jones on the ground either. Rua's jitz is is arugably the best in the LHW division.

I like Jim Miller, but there are a few guys already inline for the LW title, especially with the WEC merger. Maynard gets another crack at it first, then Pettis, then whoever. Miller will may have to fight once or twice in the meantime.

Pettis is scheduled to face Clay Guida in June, so he's gotta get through that first. Obviously Maynard gets another shot first. I feel kinda bad for Edgar having to fight everyone twice, wtf. The thing about Miller is his only two losses are against Maynard and Edgar. Lightweight is such a gong show now with all the WEC guys added, just so many guys.

I saw an interview on this eariler. Dana said it will not affect anything and both will continue to be ran separately with no super fights between companies.

I saw an interview on this eariler. Dana said it will not affect anything and both will continue to be ran separately with no super fights between companies.

only until the strikefarce contract with showtime runs out, then it'll get interesting.

So what happens with daley and bobalou and others that have been banned from the ufc?

Dana said he doesn't run strikeforce - Scott Coker runs strikeforce, so business as usual. Daley is already mouthing off that he's not happy about it via twitter. Smart move.

They will not scrap the women. They will leave it in 'Strikeforce', but you will never see women fighting in the UFC. Maybe 50 years down the road.

I wonder if they will scrap the women since Dana has been very clear there will not be womens MMA.

when did they decide this? they have done women's events in the past. that chick that looks like she should be elvis' daughter. name is escaping me.
that was in strikeforce and not ufc?

yes strikeforce has been the top promotion for womens MMA..

Dana's quote was actually that there will not be women fighting in the UFC, not MMA.

Nope.

If the girl you are thinking about is Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos, then that was in either EliteXC or Strikeforce.

gina-carano-cristiane-cyborg-santos.JPG