Ontopic UF Trade / Stock Thrad

Should have held onto MT for a while longer. Bought at 15-20ish, MT got bought by (I think) CLF, and now there is a stock buyback going on. Made a nice profit on it when I sold, but the buyback has already gone higher than my sell price and they've just started.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
How does everyone feel about ADA/cardano?
In general, I'm super burnt out on crypto. Market is too saturated and its too hard to separate the shitcoins from the good ones before they start climbing. That being said, its done some interesting stuff this past year or so. Haven't been following it closely enough to know if it is going to keep going, though

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
How does everyone feel about ADA/cardano?
It's a step in the right direction, using proof of stake(POS) instead of proof of work. I have some.
1/10 the market cap of Bit but volume that is 1/3 of BIT. More buyers than sellers. I'm hoping BIT and Ethereum(#2) both fall, then Cardano will be the largest for POS platforms.

So the Chinese residential company Evergrande is something like 300 billion in debt, and the debts are due tomorrow. Everyone is dumping their stock and it is crashing everything. Additionally it is a Chinese holiday today and yesterday, so they can't do anything to sell off positions and such to try and make that money back.

My portfolio is down roughly 7% since Friday at close. The market should correct if it doesn't set off any short squeezes.

Long story short, everything is on sale right now.

thinking to spread a bit of cash thats earning nothing in the bank between ERGO, ADA, and VET (if i can find a place to buy VET) for long term investment. like just let it sit there for 3-5 years min

I suppose I should also invest in one of the big ones ETH or BTC, but it seems that once you put money in ETH its stupid expensive to get it out due to the ridiculous gas fees.

thinking to spread a bit of cash thats earning nothing in the bank between ERGO, ADA, and VET (if i can find a place to buy VET) for long term investment. like just let it sit there for 3-5 years min

I suppose I should also invest in one of the big ones ETH or BTC, but it seems that once you put money in ETH its stupid expensive to get it out due to the ridiculous gas fees.
If you buy crypto, then you're openly admitting that you don't give two shits about climate change.

• Gravy
  • Haha
Reactions: Domon and wetwillie
No way man, he’s super cereal about it.

al gore internet GIF

If you buy crypto, then you're openly admitting that you don't give two shits about climate change.
relax, that shit was transitional. Your people have come up with better ways to do crypto. But I agree, Domon's individual machine is part of the current energy-hogging way of the crypto. Shit needs to go all proof of stake, proof of authority. Proof of work is a minimum wage job that chews through tons of electricity - but it got things rolling.

Daemon would have been so much classier, imo.

fuck me, its hard to get money into Kraken. Coinbase makes it easy with ACH, but then rapes you in the long run on lack of staking, fees, etc

wire transfer looks best, but thats a big pain

relax, that shit was transitional. Your people have come up with better ways to do crypto. But I agree, Domon's individual machine is part of the current energy-hogging way of the crypto. Shit needs to go all proof of stake, proof of authority. Proof of work is a minimum wage job that chews through tons of electricity - but it got things rolling.

Daemon would have been so much classier, imo.
Neither ETH nor BTC fall into that category of energy efficient crypto.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie