Ontopic UF Trade / Stock Thrad

I am on fire jumping out of shit before it tanks this week. Argo down 20% to 2.10 this morning. Phew!

Have most my money tied up waiting to settle; doesn't seem like there's much to do this week anyway so I'll let everything else take a break and go red.
I'm feeling Jaxvillans pain with the 90 day "bad boy" I got - just not as bad as his. But I'll have free funds today so back at it.
Yeah, it is nice when you get out in time :)

I think it will be great. But maybe what you really want is Canopy Growth, which will be buying Acreage up once a few more states legalize weed - they paid $300 million for the option to do so. And the final price is even agreed upon.:iono: On Jan 27( in this thread) I was holding Canopy, it was 35.52. It closed at 37.10 today but went as high as 56.10 eleven days ago. I sold it somewhere in the mid 40s a while ago. But yeah, that's gonna be big. imo ;)
So I can see the price of canopy is miles apart from Acreage; what happens when weed is legalised and Acreage have to sell for the £300M? Do the share prices down down to meet $300M, do you get fractions of Canopy shares instead etc?

So I can see the price of canopy is miles apart from Acreage; what happens when weed is legalised and Acreage have to sell for the £300M? Do the share prices down down to meet $300M, do you get fractions of Canopy shares instead etc?
No, Acreage is selling for 3.4 Billion, $300 mill was just to seal the deal(an option) for a future purchase, if/when weed goes legal federally in USA.
Their prices don't need to be anywhere close to each other - 500 shares worth 1 miliion each is the same as a million shares at $500 each. Or one share at $500 million. There is no reason they would correlate to each other in dollar amount, the companies are very different sizes.
When Acreage sells I imaagine shareholders will get an amount of Canopy equal in$ value to their old Acreage stock or based on some math like 1 share of Canopy for 3 of Acreage. *I'm not looking at their prices for the math, that was just an "e.g.".

Last edited:
Girl Making GIF

• Sad
Reactions: wetwillie
o god ... pre market is deep red
Whelp, you either holds on through the corrections or you scramble every day. You've seen this graph? The corrections are short but brutal. How are you on your one year return and 2 year return? If you're beating the bank for interest than try not to sweat it. "You've haven't lost the money until you sell". Just repeat that like a prayer.
I'm going to try to resist selling->buying->selling->buying crypto. Fees gobble at your good time money.
1614077679733.png

Whelp, you either holds on through the corrections or you scramble every day. You've seen this graph? The corrections are short but brutal.
I'm going to try to resist selling->buying->selling->buying crypto. Fees gobble at your good time money.
View attachment 13735
yea im just gonna hold and buy the dip. probably gonna switch to the g fund for my TSP

• Gravy
I’m just playing pretend stocks but apparently I picked one that my husband bought actual stock in. That one is the only one in the green today so yay!

• Love