Ontopic UF Trade / Stock Thrad

Big Cats GIF by NETFLIX

• Sad
Reactions: wetwillie
yeah . . I keep telling myself ,"these are good, solid companies, they're making forward progress. It's just the slump, just the slump. If prices return, all may be well." But nail-biter shit. Makes me glad I have a few backup plans other than the stonks. :) I like that word.
Yea im hopeful but sucks seeing it go down every week. I hate that im constantly checking prices. Im gonna eventually go back to an index fund

• Sad
Reactions: wetwillie
Yea im hopeful but sucks seeing it go down every week. I hate that im constantly checking prices. Im gonna eventually go back to an index fund
I agree with Jeh - this shit happens. I've been doing it longer(manning my own investment account) so I am somewhat philosophical about the gain/loss. If I look at my 2 year, I'm still up 385-ish % - that was a DAMN good winning streak. Incredible imo. Funds are giving 10-15%?, how can I complain? Even if my 2 year gets pushed to 50%, I've still done well. If my account got pushed to 50% on the 2 year it would really suck, it would be down to about 1/10(1/12?:eek:) of what it was just mid Feb. But in real-world investing, I'd still have done very well.
I can't afford to buy right now because I only inject a set amount each month and I'm not selling my current holds at a loss. Soooo, I don't check prices - I can look at the past and the present when I need to - 1st of the month. 1 minute in Schwab a few times a day to see if it's red or green - walk away. The mental distraction will just slow me down and I can't really change anything right now.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mikeawesome
My best kill to date was buying Time Warner at 7 and riding it into the 90s in 2 or 3 years time. That was like 15 years ago.