Ontopic UF Trade / Stock Thrad

I feel @Domon did. He sounded hung up on the idea of tracking the bits that brought him coin. It's buried in the blockchain but who cares - imo ? Go back to your work shaming.
i was hung up on controlling my investment. Cash/stocks/etc are all portable, not locked to any one vendor. If you buy IBM stock on a Vanguard platform, you're not locked into that platform to buy and sell (or hold) it. I was just looking for the same concept for crypto. That i maintain control of the asset and can do as I see fit with it.

This all stems from the Robinhood fuckery where they restricted trading of GME, and then fucked with me when i tried to port my shares out.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
i was hung up on controlling my investment. Cash/stocks/etc are all portable, not locked to any one vendor. If you buy IBM stock on a Vanguard platform, you're not locked into that platform to buy and sell (or hold) it. I was just looking for the same concept for crypto. That i maintain control of the asset and can do as I see fit with it.

This all stems from the Robinhood fuckery where they restricted trading of GME, and then fucked with me when i tried to port my shares out.
Gotchya. I was wondering why, this explains it more. I've seen some shit on moving between exchanges(platform as you put it). May have to dig deeper into it myself since I am getting a little tired of being hampered by coinbases' limited offering. Other than that I like CB, other than some interface customizing I wish were there. Hell, I'd be happy if CB would just generate a simple file like a CSV so I could easily dump my portfolio's numbers into someplace like coinmarketcap which shows ALL the coins. It would only be 15-20 minutes via block/copy but "I don't' want to - wahhhh".

Gotchya. I was wondering why, this explains it more. I've seen some shit on moving between exchanges(platform as you put it). May have to dig deeper into it myself since I am getting a little tired of being hampered by coinbases' limited offering. Other than that I like CB, other than some interface customizing I wish were there. Hell, I'd be happy if CB would just generate a simple file like a CSV so I could easily dump my portfolio's numbers into someplace like coinmarketcap which shows ALL the coins. It would only be 15-20 minutes via block/copy but "I don't' want to - wahhhh".
i did bitcoin in like 2011. Mined a couple of coins (and lost them). I had those coins in a wallet, that i kept on my pc in a file.

I could do whatever i wanted with them, just as if they were physical cash.

• Gravy
i did bitcoin in like 2011. Mined a couple of coins (and lost them). I had those coins in a wallet, that i kept on my pc in a file.

I could do whatever i wanted with them, just as if they were physical cash.
It's changed a lot since then. DIfferent exchanges, tax man getting involved. I think you mean you bought some coin? How did you lose them?
Next up - thread on crypto crime. Assholes are already hacking at the crypto platforms. Counterfeiting smart contracts and shit.

It's changed a lot since then. DIfferent exchanges, tax man getting involved. I think you mean you bought some coin? How did you lose them?
Next up - thread on crypto crime. Assholes are already hacking at the crypto platforms. Counterfeiting smart contracts and shit.
nope, i mined them myself.

• Gravy
I mined a few around 2011 too. It was just a program you start up and generate a wallet file. No logins.
yep. i just grepped my whole array for wallet.dat and wallet.bit to make sure it wasnt hiding someplace. I still have the same data-store than i had back then

No dice

• Sad
yep. i just grepped my whole array for wallet.dat and wallet.bit to make sure it wasnt hiding someplace. I still have the same data-store than i had back then

No dice
Sadly that happened a lot in the early years. The bits recording your bits are still in the ledger but yeah, you're dead in the water. That sucks.

Not that it helps you, but hey, it could have been worse . . spoiler. $220 Million at stake.

I sold something for a profit this morning. What a rarity! MVIS seems to keep climbing. I'm doing the old selling half my shares to recoup cost then seeing what happens.
Square Dance Dancing GIF by MAJOR LAZER