Ontopic UF Trade / Stock Thrad

So at this point, this is basically a grudge feud between reddit, elon musk, and this Melvin Capitol place. Melvin exists to short stocks and try to drive the respective companies into the ground to make money off their demise. They tried to do it to Tesla, failed, and pissed off elon musk. The retards over at WSB figured out they were doing the same thing to GME and decided "fuck you,, we're gonna mess up your plans and make some money doing it". As of this morning, even with the big loan they took out Melvin is about to become insolvent due to the internet pumping a stock well beyond its actual value for revenge purposes.

So at this point, this is basically a grudge feud between reddit, elon musk, and this Melvin Capitol place. Melvin exists to short stocks and try to drive the respective companies into the ground to make money off their demise. They tried to do it to Tesla, failed, and pissed off elon musk. The retards over at WSB figured out they were doing the same thing to GME and decided "fuck you,, we're gonna mess up your plans and make some money doing it". As of this morning, even with the big loan they took out Melvin is about to become insolvent due to the internet pumping a stock well beyond its actual value for revenge purposes.
Yup.

Which is why I sort of believe the hype; reddit is a beast.

• Gravy
Reactions: JAXvillain
Thank you for explaining the drama. I wasn't really understanding the issue. Thought it was totally mindless pumping and dumping by redditors.

And they say millennials are lazy and never accomplish anything.

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie
I want some GME stocks but they wont let me buy any at the moment 😭😭
I wanted to buy something over the counter but the damn phones lines were full. "Our phone operators are all currently busy and wait times exceed 30 minutes. PLease call back later. Good bye." PISS!

I wanted to buy something over the counter but the damn phones lines were full. "Our phone operators are all currently busy and wait times exceed 30 minutes. PLease call back later. Good bye." PISS!
Managed to get 10 stocks. Made myself a whole 15quid so far. Get in! :lol:

I will be keeping an eye on this today to see what's going on. I was tempted to buy before close yesterday when it was 140, today I got in at 300. What a missed opportunity :lol:

• Gravy

I will be keeping an eye on this today to see what's going on. I was tempted to buy before close yesterday when it was 140, today I got in at 300. What a missed opportunity :lol:
Nah, too late for me. I'm cool with my weak returns of 100-200% interest in a year. That fast, easy money is too heady for me.
Brokerage claims my 2-Year Change is (+763.27%);)

How does the public servant have that kinda cash just laying around to potentially throw away :p
Im doing something wrong with my life

• Haha
Fair enough, i know you dont work for the govt, but you serve the public. What would you call that, social worker?

y’all can make a whole ass thread about an ugly lamp but not about your 24/7 stock exchange babble?

tenor.gif

Fair enough, i know you dont work for the govt, but you serve the public. What would you call that, social worker?
Yeah it's in the social work arena I guess. I live frugally and don't spend on anything except food really, I'm not into material things. I'm spending about a third of my wage every month on my masters so I'd be laughing money wise if I didn't have that outgoing. And I only work 29 hours a week now. Somehow balances out I guess. I have no debts, no loans etc.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh and wetwillie