UF Theatre: I am Legend

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥83,324
Steam
mattressfish
Got a DVD Screener of I Am Legend. PM me if you'd like to download it. Its an awesome movie. I give it 4.5/5 buttholes.

(For you non-techies, please be sure to also download and install Divx from this link.)

I've been catching up on Dexter while working hard. Or is that hardly working? I think my co-workers would be terrified of how much I like the main character and what he does.

I saw it and I agree. Its really good. Its a remake of the Omega Man, the old Chuck Heston movie. The little that they changed the story was for the better, which is unusual. Anyway, this is one I would even recommend going to the theater to see.

My only complaints with it were

1) The movie just kind of "stops" all of the sudden.

2) They gave the zompires super strength and speed and such, but based their state of being on a viral infection. Just kind of lame.

3) The choice to primarily use CGI for the zompires.

edit:

4) A city full of car choices and he chooses a MUSTANG. Granted, the GT500 is the most hardcore of the Mustang clan, but it is still a Mustang.

Last edited:
There isn't a single spoiler there that couldn't have been gathered from trailers or movie reviews, dingbat.

the dingbat is you for assuming I've seen trailers or reviews or that anyone else has for that matter

My only complaints with it were

1) the movie just kind of "stops" all of the sudden.

2) They gave the zompires super strength and speed and such, but based their state of being on a viral infection. Just kind of lame.

3) The choice to primarily use CGI for the zompires.

edit:

4) A city full of car choices and he chooses a MUSTANG. Granted, the GT500 is the most hardcore of the Mustang clan, but it is still a Mustang.

1. Eh, it stops sort of like the original, right as Neville dies, just as he passes off the cure for the infections. Theres not much story left after that.

2.They were fast and strong, but I didnt see it as "super". It could be explained as mutations from the virus.

3.Agreed. They should have used more real people for the part.

4. Ya man, he shoulda hit up a ferarri dealership

Why would you guys talk about the
Zombies
???? Its so much better going into it thinking its
just a virus

My dad kept thinking he knew what was going to happen, wrong!!!

Great movie

The new Stargate movie was pretty good too

I re-watched 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, and Eastern Promises. I am Legend is on tap for this weekend.

the dingbat is you for assuming I've seen trailers or reviews or that anyone else has for that matter

I actually made it all the way to the release date before I saw a trailer. I am sooooo glad I didnt see any cause it would have ruined the movie. Going into it with a completely blank slate is awesome:cool:

I dunno, some Xvid screener.

I really wish they would have fleshed out the part where the zombies had started learning. It showed that one trap, then that was it.

Was that trap setup by the zombies??? I guess that makes more sense then what I thought...

I thought he set that up to give himself something to do :D and he accidently hit his head... In fact thats the way I explained it to the parents when we watched it last night :fly: Erg, the smart zombie thing makes a whole bunch more sense

I actually made it all the way to the release date before I saw a trailer. I am sooooo glad I didnt see any cause it would have ruined the movie. Going into it with a completely blank slate is awesome:cool:

No, not awesome... I had no idea it was going to be a scary movie and that sucked.

I'm working on watching it, but I'm not good at scary movies. Maybe I'll let Knyte turn it on tonight while we work out.