UF Rap Sheets

Even at the beginning your accuser could not stop all this?
My heart goes out to you for going through such an ordeal.

Once the arrest is made it is too late. This is Texas. The State picks up the case, and no matter what the accuser does or says it won't go away until the Man says so.

so she just spontaneously decided to rake you over the coals for no good reason whatsoever? :wtf:

something doesn't sound right there dude, no offense :p

edit: is she mentally unstable or something?

It was the same old argument about parenting stuff. Her personal approach was to exclude me from everything except changing diapers. She was the only one allowed to touch our son after he was born. Doctors said that it was just a more aggressive manifestation of a very natural "mother bear" syndrome.

I told her it wasn't going to fly and that she was a shitty mother and partner for doing that to me. ( :fly: ) So she told me to leave. Which of course I refused to do. After a half hour of her screaming at me to leave and me ignoring her and not saying anything while watching CNN (we had recently begun the invasion of Iraq) she left to go to church (again, Easter sunday). About an hour later the cops showed up and that's when the fun started.

After bailing me out of jail that evening my dad said she had gone to his church and asked him to 'force' me to find somewhere else to live. He told her to relax and said that after church they'd talk about it some more. She replied that his approach wasn't good enough and after storming out of the church she called police with 'the story'.

I had my lawyer blurt all of that out during the trial (I didn't testify) and by the time the flustered law school grads representing the State could object the damage had been done. The jury had that much more info to help them make their decision. That's really the only way to get hearsay into the hands and heads of the jury. You just have to throw it at them. You can strike it from the record, but you can't strike it from memory.

:fly:

It was the same old argument about parenting stuff. Her personal approach was to exclude me from everything except changing diapers. She was the only one allowed to touch our son after he was born. Doctors said that it was just a more aggressive manifestation of a very natural "mother bear" syndrome.

I told her it wasn't going to fly and that she was a shitty mother and partner for doing that to me. ( :fly: ) So she told me to leave. Which of course I refused to do. After a half hour of her screaming at me to leave and me ignoring her and not saying anything while watching CNN (we had recently begun the invasion of Iraq) she left to go to church (again, Easter sunday). About an hour later the cops showed up and that's when the fun started.

After bailing me out of jail that evening my dad said she had gone to his church and asked him to 'force' me to find somewhere else to live. He told her to relax and said that after church they'd talk about it some more. She replied that his approach wasn't good enough and after storming out of the church she called police with 'the story'.

I had my lawyer blurt all of that out during the trial (I didn't testify) and by the time the flustered law school grads representing the State could object the damage had been done. The jury had that much more info to help them make their decision. That's really the only way to get hearsay into the hands and heads of the jury. You just have to throw it at them. You can strike it from the record, but you can't strike it from memory.

:fly:

damn, that sucks man :heart:
I see some characteristics similar to my ex and I feel for you having seen some situations along those lines

It's all water under the bridge. My son and I are extremely close and his mom and I never speak of it. We all get along just fine. It was just one of those nuclear emotional things. Or something.