UF Lottery. Gamble with your marklar!

I

I Robert I

I had a brainfart a couple of days ago and thought up this little thingy. I asked fly about it and he liked the idea so I sat down and made it.

What it is? Well it's a lottery... for marklars... duh. You buy tickets, the marklar you pay gets added to the jackpot (minus a small fee of course since I'm a greedy son of a bitch). At the end of every 24hour cycle a winning number is randomly created and the database is checked for users with a winning ticket. If no one has a winning ticket the jackpot just stays for the next round. If one or more people have a winning ticket the marklar gets distributed amongst them.

So, anyone feel like trying it out? I've spent a few hours on this so you could atleast buy 1 ticket to see if the darn thing works at all...

Consider this first run a trial round since I haven't had any people that could bugtest it :p If things go poop I can always donate the marklar back to you guys.

http://uselessforums.theintarweb.net/lottery/

Last edited by a moderator:
I have really bad luck with these kinda things but I'll give it a go :)

Yay, tickets bought :cool:

NeedMoreEmo said:
I'll do it, but if it was weekly instead of nightly then more people would do it because it'd be more of an event. Maybe that's just my stupid thinking though.
I agree, this would be more special if it was just once a week

Alright, I'll change it to weekly after this first trial run :)

I'd also like to get some input on the price of tickets. Higher, lower? Increase number of tickets you can buy at once? No limit?

I Robert I said:
I'd also like to get some input on the price of tickets. Higher, lower? Increase number of tickets you can buy at once? No limit?
The price is fine.
But the chance of winning is kinda high I guess.
As I understand it there are 999 tickets. And I'm betting most of them will be sold. Imo there could be more tickets, maybe 9999 or even 99999 :p
The jackpot would be HUGE after a few weeks and it might be more fun to see who wins.

Just an idea :)

Alright. I'm gonna have to stop this for a little while untill I have this little bug resolved. Sorry guys!

Grunt said:
The price is fine.
But the chance of winning is kinda high I guess.
As I understand it there are 999 tickets. And I'm betting most of them will be sold. Imo there could be more tickets, maybe 9999 or even 99999 :p
The jackpot would be HUGE after a few weeks and it might be more fun to see who wins.

Just an idea :)
You get a random number between 000 and 999. More than one member can win the jackpot. But I could increase it if people want :)