FYI Uf...I am leaving

absolute wankery. have you saw the state of the people who 'drink wine', not so much the people who -drink wine-, but the people who have to TELL you to drink wine.

oh, a bouquet of autumnal grace! a davidoff of cheroot!

I once walked into a wine pour by accident and the MC sneered at me and said 'probably saw the sign for free drink' (this was in Canada, he could tell by my rugby top I was from Lebanon) to which I swiftly replied 'I know, your wife told me about it while I was helping her hoke prozac out from under the radiator up the hall with a ruler'

Probably one of the stranger insults I've given, but still makes me smile anyway.

:lol:

absolute wankery. have you saw the state of the people who 'drink wine', not so much the people who -drink wine-, but the people who have to TELL you to drink wine.

oh, a bouquet of autumnal grace! a davidoff of cheroot!

I once walked into a wine pour by accident and the MC sneered at me and said 'probably saw the sign for free drink' (this was in Canada, he could tell by my rugby top I was from Lebanon) to which I swiftly replied 'I know, your wife told me about it while I was helping her hoke prozac out from under the radiator up the hall with a ruler'

Probably one of the stranger insults I've given, but still makes me smile anyway.

5 stars, would read again.

5 stars, would read again.

I come off as a wanker rereading it - truth is, I was at a seminar. I'd left my bag and folder in the room as I'd planned to be back later in the day. The function was split off into another room with a projector after I left and that room became a wine tasting thing for a company that will remain unnamed.

I went in to collect my stuff, realized it wasn't the room I was in and was contrite to the doorman saying 'Oops, wrong place' when he said that. He wasn't really the doorman, he was the events very own Marshall Applewhite and did the gayest, canadian sneer I've ever saw when I was pointing out my own mistake of getting the rooms mixed up.

He didn't even throw a dig at me for 1) insinuating his wife was on anti-depressants 2) insinuating that his wife was aware of any free drink promotions in the building 3) that she talked to every young man she saw.

He didn't even throw a dig at me for 1) insinuating his wife was on anti-depressants 2) insinuating that his wife was aware of any free drink promotions in the building 3) that she talked to every young man she saw.

Probably because you were closer to the truth than you know.

Probably because you were closer to the truth than you know.

The fact he was willing to chair a wine tasting hob-nob fest among hateful middle management types told me enough about how much he hated his life.

I am back from le belgique! WHat a god weird country. 4 different fucking governments, none of them in charge, about a million different languages so they all revert to English. Wtf is up with this place?

Anyway I shall post pictures tomorrow when I am recovered. We stayed with some very awesome and beautiful people there, ate lots of dumpster food (om nom nom) and drank many of the beers (trappist for DJB in my bag).

Anyway I still speaking in the how do you say....European English so I do not feel capable of err le typing right now.