UF, how did you or will you cast your vote?

Viremia said:

we can do this in Canada. It's called Motion of No Confidence.

Parliment can call this vote any time during the leaders campaign which forces the current leader to resign or have an early election.

However, we can also select this on our ballot no confidence and end up with a minority government or force the partys to find new leaders.

PinkysAvenger said:
99% of the country is fine voting for the lesser of two evils.

one vote = no difference

if everyone voted no confidence then it would be a difference.

crazymike said:

Parliment can call this vote any time during the leaders campaign which forces the current leader to resign or have an early election.

However, we can also select this on our ballot no confidence and end up with a minority government or force the partys to find new leaders.

Here, I think voting for an out of party candidate is about the same thing.

crazymike said:

but only smart people would know enough to vote no confidence. thats like, 1/4th of the country. another 1/4th of the less smart would vote for kerry, the requisite 1/100th for nader, and then that leaves half (or 49/100ths, if you're really counting) to vote for bush. then we have a terrible leader back in office, with no qualms about responsibility, cuz he CANT get reelected in 4 years, who drives the country FURTHER into the ground

I didn't have my card ... have'nt had it in the last 3 elections, they just ask for my driver's license.

wr3kt said:
I can't find my voter reg cards. :(

PinkysAvenger said:
but only smart people would know enough to vote no confidence. thats like, 1/4th of the country. another 1/4th of the less smart would vote for kerry, the requisite 1/100th for nader, and then that leaves half (or 49/100ths, if you're really counting) to vote for bush. then we have a terrible leader back in office, with no qualms about responsibility, cuz he CANT get reelected in 4 years, who drives the country FURTHER into the ground

Yes, we have to vote for the party of lesser evils here too usually. However, we have many smaller partys who show a good standing. So if polls are close, we have somewhat of a choice.

crazymike said:

and we're talking about a population of voters who can't figure out our current scheme or even simple ballots

throwing another option in there would mean Florida returns wouldn't be finalized until December of the following year

ChikkenNoodul said:
I'm voting for Earl J. Perlmutter IV for president.

I like his stances on the issues, and he's very in touch with the common man since he eats from a can and lives in a cardboard box.

Plus he yells a lot and talks to trees in Boston. Anyone that talks to trees must be pretty cool.
if anyone, i'd vote for Doctor Professor Harmonica T. he walks around quincy market talking to people about how BB King stole the name Lucille from his harmonicas name when they played together 25 years ago. then he plays songs and asks for money. i have a picture of him at home...

Viremia said:
and we're talking about a population of voters who can't figure out our current scheme or even simple ballots

throwing another option in there would mean Florida returns wouldn't be finalized until December of the following year
hey, florida wont be a problem this year. its all electronic, so its all just made up anyways

PinkysAvenger said:
if anyone, i'd vote for Doctor Professor Harmonica T. he walks around quincy market talking to people about how BB King stole the name Lucille from his harmonicas name when they played together 25 years ago. then he plays songs and asks for money. i have a picture of him at home...
I don't like people that ask me for money, so no go for him.