Food UF Fart Group? - EAT YOUR PEAS

I don't think I've ever had store-bought pre-made guacamole. That sounds absolutely disgusting

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Rick Bayless makes a seasoning packet thing...a liquid one not just powder...you just mix with avocados that makes a good guac if you like some heat. Can add more avocado or use 1/2 the bag for less heat.

Pro-tip for making guac: hit up a food wholesaler that sells to restaurants, they'll probably have bags of frozen/vacuum sealed avocado slices, and it'll be a fair bit cheaper than buying straight up avocados.

Fire in some minced onion, minced cilantro, lime juice, bit of tomato if there's some in the fridge but not necessary, salt and that's it.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and Ledboots
Pro-tip for making guac: hit up a food wholesaler that sells to restaurants, they'll probably have bags of frozen/vacuum sealed avocado slices, and it'll be a fair bit cheaper than buying straight up avocados.

Fire in some minced onion, minced cilantro, lime juice, bit of tomato if there's some in the fridge but not necessary, salt and that's it.
I like to add garlic and jalapeño too.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and nukes
I like to add garlic and jalapeño too.
Depends on what it's going with.

Big bowl of guac + bag of nachos = load the guac up with everything.
Guac on the side of something else that's strong flavored, as a palate cleanser/contrast/whatever = keep it simple.

Only rule is guac has to be chunky, it can't be a bowl of green goo.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon and wetwillie